• ... at or above 16.5k

Votes: 43 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Every 03 cobra will have this problem. No need for a poll. Ford will get it fixed, promise!

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
Every 03 cobra will have this problem. No need for a poll. Ford will get it fixed, promise!

If every 03 has this problem then why are people getting their warranty voided? When I took mine in Ford Hotline told the techs to check my tires for abuse. If it is a problem on every Cobra why is Ford going out of their way to void the warrantees? :shrug:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
That decision is made by the dealer you took your car to. If you modify your car or if there a signs of abuse they do not have to warranty your clutch. If you post your drag racing times that can be seen as abusing your car!

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
That decision is made by the dealer you took your car to. If you modify your car or if there a signs of abuse they do not have to warranty your clutch. If you post your drag racing times that can be seen as abusing your car!

It is a known problem in ALL Cobras though. Why is it not fixed on all Cobras. Called manufacutrer's defect and should be a recall item. Only fixed on Cars that are driven slow? I really don't care I had a pulley and chip and I still got my transmission replaced.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Recall's are for safety issues not noises in clutches. Tsb's are for customers who have concerns on known product issue's.If you Mod your car you know that you are taking a chance on voiding parts of your warranty. Read your owners manual, Drag racing is not covered by warranty it never will be by any manufacturer.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Recall's are for safety issues not noises in clutches. Tsb's are for customers who have concerns on known product issue's.If you Mod your car you know that you are taking a chance on voiding parts of your warranty. Read your owners manual, Drag racing is not covered by warranty it never will be by any manufacturer.

Makes no difference. 1,000,000 HP will not ruin a TOB or the retainer. HP has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. As for the drag racing bit, that's the biggest pile of bullshit known to man. Ford shows brocures of smokey burnouts, sponsors track events and a club (SVTOA) which also sponsors them, and yet, gosh, if you actually drive your car, warranty void. Screw Ford. You buy a Corvette, you don't get these hassles. Flagship Chevy=Flagship Service. Flagship Ford=Screw you with no lube.

And you want to know what really burns me up? It's not that Ford won't warranty it, I would be willing to pay to play. It's that Ford WON'T SELL THE DAMN PART! Ford's fix for a $56 TOB retainer failure is a new $3,000 transmission. I'm sorry sir, you can preach the Ford company line all you want, but unless you can resolve our problem, all you are doing is spouting bullshit.

03_silver_coupe

Established Member

They can't prove the car was raced. Can just make an assumption. Anyway, my clutch wasn't replaced. It was the transmission. Said it had to be replaced because they couldn't just replace the TOB retainer.
My clutch was fine.

Anyway, the TSB has to be performed if it is a known problem. When it comes down to legal action Ford would lose.

03_silver_coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
Makes no difference. 1,000,000 HP will not ruin a TOB or the retainer. HP has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. As for the drag racing bit, that's the biggest pile of bullshit known to man. Ford shows brocures of smokey burnouts, sponsors track events and a club (SVTOA) which also sponsors them, and yet, gosh, if you actually drive your car, warranty void. Screw Ford. You buy a Corvette, you don't get these hassles. Flagship Chevy=Flagship Service. Flagship Ford=Screw you with no lube.

And you want to know what really burns me up? It's not that Ford won't warranty it, I would be willing to pay to play. It's that Ford WON'T SELL THE DAMN PART! Ford's fix for a $56 TOB retainer failure is a new $3,000 transmission. I'm sorry sir, you can preach the Ford company line all you want, but unless you can resolve our problem, all you are doing is spouting bullshit.

nicely put :beer:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
No, the TSB does not have to be done that is up to hotline and the tech if it applies to your car. Yes it's easy to see if a car has been abused there are plenty of ways to check. If your clutch was not replaced you get to do this repair all over again. Legal action, if you mod or abuse YOU LOSE! Do you think that Ford hasent already been down this road with other owners. They have alot more experience than you on how to administer their warranty.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
No, the TSB does not have to be done that is up to hotline and the tech if it applies to your car. Yes it's easy to see if a car has been abused there are plenty of ways to check. If your clutch was not replaced you get to do this repair all over again. Legal action, if you mod or abuse YOU LOSE! Do you think that Ford hasent already been down this road with other owners. They have alot more experience than you on how to administer their warranty.
And your an SVT advisor??? Tell me how driving a car hard affects the TOB? Additionally the biggest complaint here isnt the failure itself, its the inability to buy the $50 ourself to fix it. As for how ford administers their warranty, your exactly right they know exactly how to do it and thats NOT DOING IT AT ALL!

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member

if this is the case, then Ford should of not put any warranty on a car that they promoted as a race car. what ever the warranty cost that was built into cost and mark-up should of not been part of the sell price if they will not stand behind their product. i will pay for my replacement parts because i love this car, not because i think Ford is the company that i have backed for the last 32 years. I would guess Henry Ford would not be very happy about what his family has done to his dream. IMO

NetworkingGuru

Established Member

You, sir, are exactly the reason people hate Ford. Ever done any reading? Try the Magnesson-Moss Warranty act next time you do. Here's cliff notes for ya: Mods DO NOT equate to voided warranties. The burden of proof is on FORD, not the consumer. It's in Ford's best interest to repair the problem, if there is ANY chance that it was not caused by mods. Why? Repeat business, and it's the LEGAL thing to do. But Ford doesn't care, customers must be Job 52,039, right after quality. I think you need to stick to whatever the hell it is you are good at, because discussing legal issues damn sure isn't it.

03_silver_coupe

Established Member

TSB doesn't have to be performed. Well, that is just a crock. Kinda contradictory aren't you? It's a know problem on all Cobras but we won't fix it on this guy who has exhaust or this other guy that has low tread on his high performance tires or this guy who has a K&N. What a bunch of BS.

I had pulley, exhaust, CAI, and chip on my car. Still got 17,000 miles on the tires. Probably could've gone 23,000 or so and that is with at least 15 times to the drag strip. Is that abuse?
I think not. Doesn't matter I don't have the car anymore. Traded it in at a Ford dealership. What happens to the person who buys it from the Ford dealership and never mods it and something breaks and then takes it in and warranty denied because it was modded. Who is going to pick up that tab?

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru

[/QUOTE

You're right HP has nothing to do with it. But abuse does have something to do with it. You need to get your facts straight before you go spouting your B.S. I have worked for Chevrolet and Dodge. Vipers and Vette's nothing is any different how these problems are dealt with. Customers who abuse their cars get their warranty's voided even if there is a product problem. 2nd Ford doesn't make that transmission TREMEC does so if you're pissed at someone talk to them. I am sure ford has. Ford didn't tell them to make it so the bearing retainer couldn't be replaced cheaply. Tremec is not offering any service replacement parts for that trans. Ford gets to pay for it. If you had to pay for every trans would you be happy. You abuse you lose your problem is you!

]

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
You're right HP has nothing to do with it. But abuse does have something to do with it.
How in the F()CK do you abuse a TOB? Now your trying to tell us not to use the clutch pedel??? Tremec may have made the tranny but its fords BS that wont allow us to buy parts to fix it.

Last edited:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_silver_coupe
SVTADVISOR

Are you a representative of Ford or a SVT engineer or do you just work at a dealership as a service writer?

I am a Master SVT Service Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread