Toasted a new C6

DrewSG3

I think he meant Torque Management, which can't be shut off without major ECM reprogramming. This is why most C6 can barely break 13s stock. Cartek ran a 12.3, when they found a way around the T.M. & 160 thermostat

SVTCobra3212

Banned
C6 ZO6 , its just a beautiful thing ! :D at the 2005 Philadelphia International Auto Show
carshow0467bt.jpg

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Which performer heads do you have? Hopefully at least the RPM's. Because your car should be well into the 10's with those mods I would think.
Incase you havent looked at edlebrock heads recently, they make the performer heads and the RPMs both in 1.90 and 2.02 the only difference is the RPMs are not smog legal because they dont have the correct smog ports.

mbuono

On-Track Instructor
Established Member
Well finally got around to test driving a new C6, it was nice. Even with Traction Control on was able to break tires loose while powershifting it. Did active the TC big time while taking a turn and got into a drift, oops!!!

What I thought was impressive to drive was the new Cadillac STS-V with 400 hp and manual trans that thing rocked :rockon: It sound just as good as vette did when flogging it. Not bad for 52K.
34yv.jpg

Mike

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I don't like the scoops by the rear tires on the z06(I assume brake cooling ducts) or the mirrors, kind of look like they were just stuck on their at the last minute.

BadBirdLT1

Established Member
yea i heard the new torque management system (even installed on the 6 speed!!!) is murdering their performance...why GM why?!?!

pottsy

Established Member
BadBirdLT1 said:
yea i heard the new torque management system (even installed on the 6 speed!!!) is murdering their performance...why GM why?!?!

I wonder if a computer reflash could eliminate that system? I know there is an electronic throttle control system on the 05 GT's that is hurting their performance...

[syko.xero]

Established Member
Ryan02SS said:
Stock they are hampered by the runflats. The Z06 came with Goodyear Supercar tires which are very good compared to the standard tires on the C6. The runflat design is a very stiff sidewall that does NOT flex and is bad for tire grip. The M6's are falling in the high to mid 12's @ 112-114 mph. A set of Nitto drag radials should net easy low 12's. The LS2 has lotsa potential due to it's 6.0L displacement with a nice heads @ cam setup, 450-475rwhp should be easily attainable. What is keeping this from happening is that there is currently no LS2 programming software available to tune the motor after mods are done. LS1 Edit @ similar programs will not work with the LS2. They're working on versions are we speak. Nice Kill BTW!!!!! I think the color is Daytona Sunset Metallic......

c6orangecoupe.jpg

Cartech also recently uncovered that the "torque management" system pulls some serious timing at launch and after shifts which causes the car to be slower than the c5 z06. Although the z06 weighs less the dyno's have each have shown the Z to make about 15 less rwhp and torque, but has beaten it in a race and it wasn't understood until now...stupid computer stuff :bs:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I wish car companies would stop with all the computer controlling crap and let people drive their cars the way they want to drive them, not the way the computer wants it to be driven.

Black3KGT

SECURITY
Established Member
DrewSG3 said:
I think he meant Torque Management, which can't be shut off without major ECM reprogramming. This is why most C6 can barely break 13s stock. Cartek ran a 12.3, when they found a way around the T.M. & 160 thermostat

barely break 13s? Man you really know how to **** some numbers up. 12.5s stock are far from "barely" breaking 13s.... and Camaro RSs as well. :bash:

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
The Torque Management software is there for one purpose... to keep from breaking parts and have them replaced at GMs dime. The timing is pulled to lower horsepower so that parts don't break during shifting. This is not new to the C6 -- the C5s have it too.

I don't think car companies would have any problem with eliminating the computer codes and let people drive the car the way they want... IF those same people stopped trying to get parts replaced under warrantee and they stopped suing the car companies. The collective we have brought this on ourselves. You may not have done it, but you know someone who put on an aftermarket part, broke the car, and wants the dealer to pay to fix the car when it was the *owners* fault that the car broke.

zouzou42

Established Member
Someone on corvette forums said his c6 ran over 13 secs
when he tried it on th 1/4 mile. He had 2 runs and couldn't hit the 12s

BadBirdLT1

Established Member
thats 1 person..hmm how many people have driven their 03-04 cobras into the 13s?..it should be a mid 12 second car with a driver that doesn't suck at life

Users who are viewing this thread