To turbo or not to turbo?

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
157247BB-9D3E-4FC4-9640-2C518421C0A9_zpsdksiwzrx.jpg

SVTNewEdge01

Established Member
OK so I see everyone talking about forging is a must on 99/01 before power adders.. so my car is getting forged right by my local ford dealer which now comes standard on rebuilt engines because ford discontinued the pre-termi engines n using powder rods was not going to cut it. . So my rebuilt is about 6 thousand not bad I think with a new forged cobra crank ,Manley h-beam rods n arp2000 bolts not sure what pistons but forged non the less... n most of u seem to have done the work urselfs... but my ? Is how much to buy a turbo setup n have someone else to do the work... so far my car has cost me about 13 gs.. bought the car for 7 gs n rebuilt engine another 6.. now I'm looking for 650 whp what would it cost me to get it there.. not going to do the work myself as I'm only 21.. so looking for someone who has a turbo setup that DID NOT do the work themselves

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
I recommend finding/visiting a local, reputable performance shop. Talk with them and get a quote.

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I'm in the process of doing twins right now. I decided to go ahead and do it now because with the money I would spend on going from a 2.3 Whipple to a 3.4/4.0 I could do the twin setup and make way more power, safer.

Users who are viewing this thread