to those wit shelbys making 550 to 600 rwhp

svtsupersnake

Banned
So since the zl1 is out and apparently makes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds thats basically the same as the z06 that does it in 3.8. The zr1 does it in 3.4 and i am guessing the new mustang which did it in 4.1 will now do it in like 3.8 give the extra 100 hp and suspension upgrades. So I am wondering to those of u making 550 to 650 rwhp wat are ur 0 to 60 times cuz now wit this zl1 and new mustang i am getting one or the other come summer and i love mustangs but it may just be too expensive and i just want a nice car so by that time and i rather have a zl1 over a 2012 shelby now that the 13 is out. So i am wondering wat ur cars do wit the upgraded hp cuz if i did end up getting a zl1 i would tune the supercharger to 650 hp to be the same as the mustang.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
every different company will give you some (usually different) numbers... who cares what the car supposedly can do if you can't drive it like it supposed to be driven anyhow... When you get to these power levels driver mod is much more important than how much hp you have...

Last edited:

niceguyyy01

Established Member
every different company will give you some (usually different) numbers... who cares what the car supposedly can do if you can't drive it like it supposed to be driven anyhow... When you get to these power levels driver mod is much more important than how much hp you have...

Exactly, especially with a 6-speed.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Buy a zl1. Buy some d-bag shades, buy a few shirts from buckle and dont forget to gel ur hair. You'll fit right in

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
With suspension upgrades you should be able to kick ass on the 0-60. Every time I see a z06 try, they can't figure out how to hook. During the MACA day at MIR, a Z06 spun like crazy on every run. Needless to say, he couldn't win against most of the MACA crowd..

svtsupersnake

Banned
Buy a zl1. Buy some d-bag shades, buy a few shirts from buckle and dont forget to gel ur hair. You'll fit right in

i dont need stupid comments like this i look at cars unbiased if a car came out wit like 700 hp and was tech advanced and was 50k and ford which is just adding to hp witout doing much else and has shitty customer service and has shifting problems and shit like that and cost 60k why would i pay for that i love the shelby but if it has problems and isnt as good as the zl1 which is a lot cheaper then so be it i get the better car. if i had the money i'd buy a gtr which shits on both of these cars but oh well. i just want a fun car that looks good and isnt so expensive. i dont really drag race i may get into it if i have one of these cars but i care about 0 to 60 cuz thats more relevant when say speeding up on the freeway or maybe street racing. so if ur gonna make dumb biased comments keep them to urself.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
No offense, but why don't you talk goddamn English. It's a little embarrassing and I believe people would take you a little more seriously. Clearly you know how to spell and structure grammatically correct sentences.

The other thing is, the last time I talked about 0-60 times was when I was in Junior High and didn't know better. I mean really, who gives a crap about that metric in the real world outside of the MotorTrend magazine sitting in your barber's shop (or perhaps on your coffee table)? Buy the car you like and build it to get the performance you want.

So since the zl1 is out and apparently makes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds thats basically the same as the z06 that does it in 3.8. The zr1 does it in 3.4 and i am guessing the new mustang which did it in 4.1 will now do it in like 3.8 give the extra 100 hp and suspension upgrades. So I am wondering to those of u making 550 to 650 rwhp wat are ur 0 to 60 times cuz now wit this zl1 and new mustang i am getting one or the other come summer and i love mustangs but it may just be too expensive and i just want a nice car so by that time and i rather have a zl1 over a 2012 shelby now that the 13 is out. So i am wondering wat ur cars do wit the upgraded hp cuz if i did end up getting a zl1 i would tune the supercharger to 650 hp to be the same as the mustang.

slocum1946

singularity
Established Member
i dont need stupid comments like this i look at cars unbiased if a car came out wit like 700 hp and was tech advanced and was 50k and ford which is just adding to hp witout doing much else and has shitty customer service and has shifting problems and shit like that and cost 60k why would i pay for that i love the shelby but if it has problems and isnt as good as the zl1 which is a lot cheaper then so be it i get the better car. if i had the money i'd buy a gtr which shits on both of these cars but oh well. i just want a fun car that looks good and isnt so expensive. i dont really drag race i may get into it if i have one of these cars but i care about 0 to 60 cuz thats more relevant when say speeding up on the freeway or maybe street racing. so if ur gonna make dumb biased comments keep them to urself.

Aren't you supposed to be occupying something? Like maybe an English class?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member

Buy a prius then. I'm just giving you what the overall demographic looks like that buy the new camaro's. Oh yeah, dont forget the transformer emblems

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member

I'd wait before purchasing either until the first test come up between the 2012 Camaro ZL1 and 2013 Shelby GT500.

Personally, I like the Shelby better.

A tuned BOSS 302 can run just as fast 0-60 with the 2010 & 2011 Shelby's.

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
To the OP, your getting too caught up in factory hp numbers. I bought my 11 new but most of the guys on here with modded 07-09s would smoke me with there extensive mod list. By the time the 13 comes out I will be able to outrun it as well. If you don't plan on doing some serious mods your going to be left behind anyway. I have only ran into a handful of people on the street wanting to run from a dig, on the other hand countless times from a roll on the highway. IMO, if you want to win these types of races and you get the zl1 you lose.

Semtex

Established Member

ENGLISH.jpg

jonesd

Established Member
unless you can drive, just buy an auto zl1. It will do all the work for you and outrun most drivers on the road im sure.The shelbys are a pain in the ass to launch... especially on street tires if your a stop light warrior.

Black Sex

Established Member
LMAO
Not spelling a word or two correctly is one thing, but WTF. Did your hair gel make the keyboard alittle slippy so you couldn't push all the buttons correctly? I feel like like Im reading a text from my little sister.
If you want a ZL1, why did you join a Ford forum to ask opinions?

BTW: VVVVV This car is way sexier VVVVV

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I have been told (since I was a child), "If you master the English language (speaking, spelling and punctuating), you will go places and be Someone, if you don't, you will go nowhere and be a nobody".

The public schools now have dumbed down the English language and make a student think it is acceptable, the problem is the statement above is still true and many nobodies are going nowhere, and then they are pissed at the Somebodies. :shrug:

People also bring texting into an English spelling world (like some threads on this forum), again, they may be "Somebody", but to the masses they look like "nobodies" that can't spell or construct words/sentences.

Another sign of intelligence (or lack of), knowing when you are texting to a friend on your I-phone and when you are on a public forum with hundreds (maybe even thousands) of readers...................

But anyway............Yes the magazines make the cars sound Great, and what's "Hot" usually gets the best review, but reality on the street most often is not the magazine numbers.

I hope I spelled everything correctly............:thumbsup:

R

Last edited:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I think if you ask me a serious question and spell like you're texting me, I'm just going to automatically assume you're a moron and not waste my time taking you serious. You can say it's the internet all you want, but I cannot STAND when people don't take the time to use correct english..I'm just trying to help you not sound like a shithead.

svtbolt2001

Established Member
I think if you ask me a serious question and spell like you're texting me, I'm just going to automatically assume you're a moron and not waste my time taking you serious. You can say it's the internet all you want, but I cannot STAND when people don't take the time to use correct english..I'm just trying to help you not sound like a shithead.

I like you guys more and more everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread