To Tell, or Not To Tell

YellowCobra04

Established Member
I just wanted to see what everyone does when you are at a show or elsewhere talking about your car.

1. Do you tell what you have done to your car

2. Act like you don't know

3. Lie about what you have

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Silly question. Of course you tell. There is no big secret here, most everybody does the same kind of things. and why lie about it? anyone that knows anything about these cars will be able to tell most of what you have done to it.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Depends on the person I'm talking to. I don't lie about the car. If the person is car smart and understands, I will give the details. If the person is not car smart then the answers are very vague.

antiv6

Established Member
only time i didn't fully disclose my mods was when a cop asked me, i found out a few mins later he drove a terminator. He probably thought i knew nothing about cars when i said i just had an intake and mufflers lol

Last edited:

UniqueSVT

Established Member
I guess if you were racing someone for money maybe as I have seen this in the past. Not something I would do but I'm with some of the other responses. If someone has some knowledge and asks, I'm glad to share. If they are clueless, why waste the time?

I did see an episode of Supercars Exposed when a Porsche 911 turbo owner refused to explain what he had done to the car in an exotic car shootout. I really didn't understand why he didn't but he kept saying it was just a street car even though it destroyed everything in it's way.

If someone asks, I tell. No reason to hide.
Just my $.02.
Scott

futureSVT

Established Member
i cant stand when people refuse to tell.. i can understand if they are racing in a bracket or for money or what not.. but to just shoot the shit with someone and talk cars..

i guess thats just me..

renxwar

Established Member
I usually say "just bolt-ons" to be a dick, but I always follow it with what I have.. same as posted, if they know cars I'll go into details, but if not I'll just say "supercharged, intake, exhaust, etc"

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
When I have to explain what a ported blower is I normally just say bolt-ons. If it's someone who actually understands what I'm saying then sure.

Normally I'm asked if it's a 5.0, end of conversation with the person.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
My car for almost a year was pulley only when it had a V+ port. I had so many people saying i didnt think a eaton cobra could go that fast. It just amazed me how easy it was to actually hide a ported blower since really theres no way to tell it.

Stalker27

Established Member
When I have to explain what a ported blower is I normally just say bolt-ons. If it's someone who actually understands what I'm saying then sure.

Normally I'm asked if it's a 5.0, end of conversation with the person.

Do you have that teal color Cobra with the light bar & always ridin around with the top down?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Tell,no big deal.
I like when you ask some of these guys what`s done to their cars and they don`t have a frigging clue.They bought it that way!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
Tell,no big deal.
I like when you ask some of these guys what`s done to their cars and they don`t have a frigging clue.They bought it that way!

+1 lol exactly! those guys crack me up! they either bought the car like that, or took the car to a shop...dropped it off....and said "make it faster". they come back...pay the bill...and off they go. then you ask them what all is done to it, and they have no clue.

there is a guy at my work that also has a termi. i tried asking him about his mods. he has a steig ported blower, pulley swap, intake, maf, exhaust etc. i asked him about his pulley size and his response was...(he paused for a moment with a puzzled look on his face...then said..) wanna see it?!? lol poor guy had no clue. i had to tell him his blower was ported by steig lol love it.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
The only time I BS someone is when they come to me first BSing. I had a guy that wanted to race me so bad. He had a POS trans-am with a bottle on it. He told me the nitrous was not hooked up when we knew it was. He was such a little douche and I was there only to have fun not deal with kids. He wanted me to give him lengths and then started asking me what I had done to it so he knew what lengths. I have 4" tips and since we were at the back of my car I pointed and said I have a catback. I guess someone rated me out cause when we got to the line he was not there. He chickened out.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
I usually tell as well, unless the person appears to be a dick or have some kind of attitude. It's all about showing your car and hanging out with fellow car enthusiasts.:thumbsup:

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
if the average car guys asks then I just say the car has been pullied, exhaust, gears, dyno tune and has about 500 to the tires which it actually has a little less :-D but you get the idea

they are like wow :eek: everytime unless its a corvette guy

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
i have a board i bring to shows...i put it on display and it has the most basic information about the car and power

anyone whose worth talking to normally asks the right questions...and those are the people i usually engage with. Everyone else i ignore

the sign is a nice easy way to weed out the retards..see example below:
Ians25th.jpg

Last edited:

twhitey

Established Member
Most people are on a need to know only list. You can't see my nitrous kit at all and I only tell people that will be a good run, not a kid in a neon with a coffee can exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread