to stroke or not to stroke?

alexdeluna21

Established Member
ok guys, so here's the deal. I have a 98 Cobra and want to build my motor, I figured I would just do a forged rotating assembly, and then do some kind of FI. Well now I've been reading up on stroker kits from MMR and some other places, and it's really caught my eye. So basically what i'm asking is should i just forge the motor or get a little more out of it and get the stroker kit, and then obviously slap on the power adder. Any input would be great! Thanks fellas....

-alex

1989Gt.

Banned
your gonna wanna build the bottom end anyways so i say if you have the money stroke it as well!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
B headed Cobras lack tq and mid range power, adding cubic inches is the easiest way to improve those numbers. Stick with no less than 10:1 compression. Also, adding cubic inches while using the stock cams will cause peak power to occur at a much lower RPM. So, you'll need longer duration cams if you want the engine to make good power up top. Cams similar to the Comp 106100s installed at 108/116 will have you making about 370 at the wheels with good torque. Longer duration cams will make more peak power but less peal tq.

Last edited:

alexdeluna21

Established Member
@NA SVT- Is there any particular stroker kit you would recommend over the MMR kits? also, what's better manley or diamond pistons?

@01trublue cobra- I kinda wanted to build off of what I already have, but i definitely thought about it.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
na svt if you have an f/i car is it truly worth it to go with a big bore stroker or just a stroker? Right now i need to pull my motor apart and my rods and crank are still good....what would you do. I have a turbo setup

F8L BYT

Established Member
B headed Cobras lack tq and mid range power, adding cubic inches is the easiest way to improve those numbers. Stick with no less than 10:1 compression.

10:1 with boost? I would say no higher than that but optimal would be between 9:1 - 9.5:1 correct?

Users who are viewing this thread