To stay N/A or not?

99slowbra

SVT FREAK
Established Member
My motor fried up over half a year ago and I completely built it from the ground up, nothing was spared. Pretty much everything was replaced with brand new parts. I have some cash left over and need some advice whether or not to go blown or stay N/A. This is a daily driver and needs to stay on pump 93 gas. If I decide to go with a supercharger it will either be a procharger d1sc that is for sale on the boards or an eaton swap. The question that comes to my mind is... if I decide to go the eaton route...will my expenses have gone down the drain that I spent on rebuilding the motor? I would also like to hear what NazMan provides for us N/A guys looking to get me into the 450rwhp range.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Naz knows his stuff and he's damn good... but you'll spend twice (if not more) the money trying to reach your goal in NA form. What compression ratio did you build your engine at?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
4.30 with a roots blower is a little steep but it will be fun. I say stay 4.30s

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
With A Eaton, T45 & 4:30's ? I would think something would have to give. A set of 3:73's likely would be a better choice.

Sny714

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-0FehlJLfg"]YouTube - 4.56 geared Eaton swapped Cobra[/ame]

Hes on the board. I forgot but I think his name is E. Green SVT since thats the name of the video poster.

mustangman36578

Established Member
go supercharged! thats what im going with over the winter. these motors love boost and its the best way to make power. i have 4.30 gears and t-45 (stock for now) it will be sent to promotion over the winter though.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Definitly boost it. It's a little more of a headache at times, but it's so worth it when you stomp on the pedal and feel the boost build.

Users who are viewing this thread