to sell or not to sell...

lilcoop03

Established Member
its funny when i got on here to post this another guy basically did it for me, although our mods are just a little different.. im not looking for you guys to tell me what my car is worth bc i have a good idea. i have a clean title for it in hand, no wrecks, no bs..its an '03 dsg coupe. i bought it almost 2 years ago stock except for a 3" pulley and bassani o/r x and catback with 38k miles. now, the ticker just hit 40k and within the last 6 months ive put a gen 1 2.2 polished kb on it with all supporting mods and an lfp dual pass h/e/ i also lowered it with h&r sport springs and put 18" anthracite fr500's on it (9's and 10's). i know yall will bitch bc i havent posted pics but if i decide to sell it, rest assured i will.. the car is basically flawless inside and out. the thing is, i NEVER drive it. i am a full time engineering student now and it stays in my garage all the time. i might drive it once every two or three weeks for 20 miles. i am NOT hard up for money but damn i'd almost rather someone else have it that can enjoy it more...would i regret selling it if i decided to do so? the car makes 603/525 in 85 degree weather/high humidity with the stock h/e, etc and is a blast to drive, not to mention the cleanest terminator and ANY new edge body car in my area for that matter. just wanted to see what you guys thought bc im sure some of you have sold and had regrets or whatever.. thanks fellas...

mrose75

Established Member
WTH is it with everyone selling their DSGs??? I think you'll regret it. Sounds like its your toy, and you'll miss your toy when you don't have it anymore. I think you're just going through the winter blues. Come spring time you'll miss taking it out and tearing up the streets. Especially if it's the cleanest one in the area. Just my $.02.

lilcoop03

Established Member
thanks man, i appreciate the input. i am in SC so its not like i have to put it away for 3 or 4 months during winter..matter of fact, this is my favorite time of year to drive it bc of the cold, thick air. the car loves it! haha it has not seen rain or snow since i have owned it and youre correct about it being my toy. it is literally my prized possession. a good friend of mine has a SUPER CLEAN '91 notch with some nice mods and it crossed my mind getting it. damn i love my cobra at the same time...maybe im just thinking out loud but then again, thats what this site is for, right??lol

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
its funny when i got on here to post this another guy basically did it for me, although our mods are just a little different.. im not looking for you guys to tell me what my car is worth bc i have a good idea. i have a clean title for it in hand, no wrecks, no bs..its an '03 dsg coupe. i bought it almost 2 years ago stock except for a 3" pulley and bassani o/r x and catback with 38k miles. now, the ticker just hit 40k and within the last 6 months ive put a gen 1 2.2 polished kb on it with all supporting mods and an lfp dual pass h/e/ i also lowered it with h&r sport springs and put 18" anthracite fr500's on it (9's and 10's). i know yall will bitch bc i havent posted pics but if i decide to sell it, rest assured i will.. the car is basically flawless inside and out. the thing is, i NEVER drive it. i am a full time engineering student now and it stays in my garage all the time. i might drive it once every two or three weeks for 20 miles. i am NOT hard up for money but damn i'd almost rather someone else have it that can enjoy it more...would i regret selling it if i decided to do so? the car makes 603/525 in 85 degree weather/high humidity with the stock h/e, etc and is a blast to drive, not to mention the cleanest terminator and ANY new edge body car in my area for that matter. just wanted to see what you guys thought bc im sure some of you have sold and had regrets or whatever.. thanks fellas...

I dont think you'll miss it. You never drive it, how can you? I put over 70k on mine over the 7-8 years that I owned it. I daily drove it through everything. I really liked my car, but I sold it last month and dont really miss it much.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I dont think you'll miss it. You never drive it, how can you? I put over 70k on mine over the 7-8 years that I owned it. I daily drove it through everything. I really liked my car, but I sold it last month and dont really miss it much.

interesting.....

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If you don't need the cash, why sell? I'm sure you get stressed out about things just like everyone else, that's what the big boy toys are for, to get your mind of the stressful shit in life. It's not like it's losing much, if any value for the time being. Do you have specific plans for the money, like a different car you want to get into, or something else? IMO - that would be the only reason to sell.

HandBanana

Established Member

I don't know how that is possible. I'm on my 22nd vehicle with the Cobra and I have missed at least half of those cars. If I could do it again, I would've never sold my Stealth TT because it was my first car and my dream car of my youth. Selling my 05 STi hurt too.

Keep the car, throw a TT kit at it as a graduation present.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Never know until you do sell it. Everyone is different. It's crossed my mind too for the same reasons.
If you don't need the money, dont sell it. Clean ones are starting to get hard to come by it seems if you decide to replace it.

4601S/C

Established Member
I think you'd miss it. Maybe you wouldn't miss the car itself as much as the experience. There'll be a nice day that comes along, and everything will fall into place except for your nice sports/muscle car to take out for a drive. Everyday I get out of work during these cold salty, snowy months and think soon enough spring will be here, and I'll be eating up the miles in one of my dream cars. Nothing like being able to actually live a daydream like that.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
You can always find a different car, their are always cars and cobras for sale. With that said I have had many cars in my life and my cobra is the most fun car I ever had and I won't part with it. Drive it and enjoy it !!!!!!!!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
do not sell. never sell the cobra. you will regret it for sure.

nah jk, it really depends on how much you love the car. sounds to me like you would miss it tho

lilcoop03

Established Member
I think you'd miss it. Maybe you wouldn't miss the car itself as much as the experience. There'll be a nice day that comes along, and everything will fall into place except for your nice sports/muscle car to take out for a drive. Everyday I get out of work during these cold salty, snowy months and think soon enough spring will be here, and I'll be eating up the miles in one of my dream cars. Nothing like being able to actually live a daydream like that.

agreed.^

stangfreak

Established Member
Just read iron fist lead foot and you will keep the car. I can't sell my cobra. Too many memories. I bought the cobra when they first came out.

SatinSnake

Established Member
I've been back and forth about selling mine, but then I go drive it and that basically makes up my mind. Even just looking at it in the garage is usually enough to make sense of my $500 a month investment. Only you can determine if it's worth keeping.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I don't know how that is possible. I'm on my 22nd vehicle with the Cobra and I have missed at least half of those cars. If I could do it again, I would've never sold my Stealth TT because it was my first car and my dream car of my youth. Selling my 05 STi hurt too.

Keep the car, throw a TT kit at it as a graduation present.

It does help that I do have another project car that I'm working on. But with all the creaks, rattles, and harsh suspension from the '03, I just don't miss it. It felt almost like a chore driving it at times. On top of that, I should have never bought a convertible. I must have put the top down less than a hundred times in the timeframe that I owned it.

I don't understand the logic of throwing more mods (TT) at it if he never drives it as is. He probably never learned/enjoyed the stock Eaton to it's fullest as it is, let alone the set up he has now.

Last edited:

Greenwood1982

Established Member
WTH is it with everyone selling their DSGs??? I think you'll regret it. Sounds like its your toy, and you'll miss your toy when you don't have it anymore. I think you're just going through the winter blues. Come spring time you'll miss taking it out and tearing up the streets. Especially if it's the cleanest one in the area. Just my $.02.

I said it once, and ill say it again. In 5 + years from now, ones who owned terminators that don't anymore, will really regret it. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread