To sell or not to sell...

313Speed

Banned
What a question. My 03 is on the shopping block. But what would you do? Here's the situation.... I've been out of a job since June, and can't get one because I'm moving out of state in November. I met a woman... yea, she has money to cover me, but I don't wanna treat her like that. My total bills... insure, car, helping her on the house payments... the total $1400 a month. Easy to do pretty much. But I could drop 800 a month of my total insure and car payment. In the past, I didn't have a place to work on a car... but I will now. I'm thinking of doing a 90-93 Notchback as a 10 sec ride with a baja ranger on the side if I do sell the cobra.

So here's the deal... keep a killer 12 second daily driver with a 7 year, 70k warrenty and spend a ton on payments or insure.... or be able to get a car I can work on for a change and have no bills.

What would you do?

jasil

Established Member
I would sell in a heartbeat!! Make sure your money is right before buying another car.

JOB
Roof over your head
Retirement
Emergency fund
Somewhere down here put a sports car. Good luck.

NCStanger

Established Member
What does she think? And ultimately, what do YOU want? If she's got cash to help out with the monthly bills, I'd keep the cobra.

Oh, I did forget to mention you only get the keep the cobra if you get a job! :bash:

Last edited:

IDAREU

Banned
If you are paying $800 a month of your total bills of $1400 a month on a car then you better sell. The only problem is that the math makes me think so finaced the whole purchase and maybe even rolled neg. equity. This means that you will not even come close to selling the car for what you owe.
I would put my plans on hold to build a fox mustang and work on getting a new job.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think you already know what you should do. Do what is going to work out the best for you. Make the right decisions know and they will pay dividends for you down the road. A car is only a car. You have a long life ahead of you. Let it be a good one. Take care!

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Re: payoff

Originally posted by fr03cobra
Ask her to pay it off for you.lol:beer: Mine did.

I'm glad that happened for you, but I would NEVER do that personally. That results in leverage that can be used very efficiently by her later.

Users who are viewing this thread