To mod or not to mod

CodyWayne718

Established Member
REDNIGHTMAREs thread, what would you do, got me thinking since he said he doesn't drive his car that much. I'm not sure if I should just leave my 07 stock or do some minor performance mods. Gears are in the works right now until I have enough for h/e, reservoir, t state, pulley, intake, and tune. I've read somewhere on here that someone would never mod their dd. That also got me thinking, maybe I should just let it be. So I guess my question is the same as REDNIGHTMARE, what would you do if yours was your dd? Didn't wanna Jack his thread....

Van@RevanRacing

REDNIGHTMAREs thread, what would you do, got me thinking since he said he doesn't drive his car that much. I'm not sure if I should just leave my 07 stock or do some minor performance mods. Gears are in the works right now until I have enough for h/e, reservoir, t state, pulley, intake, and tune. I've read somewhere on here that someone would never mod their dd. That also got me thinking, maybe I should just let it be. So I guess my question is the same as REDNIGHTMARE, what would you do if yours was your dd? Didn't wanna Jack his thread....

Modding the car with a CAI, Pulley and Tune helps these cars DRAMATICALLY. The stock air box corks the car up and frankly, you should an improvement in gas mileage as long as you can keep your foot out of it. Which is difficult to do especially after you hear that supercharger scream the first time you take it out after the CAI, Tune and Pulley. It's literally the most inexpensive 80-100 RWHP you will ever buy.

Here's a link to my website and the multiple options available in a Performance Combo Package.

2007 - 2013 GT500 Combo Package - Revan Racing, Inc.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions. Besides, I was born in Louisville and I've got a bunch of customers in Kentucky! :beer:

Van

fullboogie

Established Member
Last edited:

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
Modding the car with a CAI, Pulley and Tune helps these cars DRAMATICALLY. The stock air box corks the car up and frankly, you should an improvement in gas mileage as long as you can keep your foot out of it. Which is difficult to do especially after you hear that supercharger scream the first time you take it out after the CAI, Tune and Pulley. It's literally the most inexpensive 80-100 RWHP you will ever buy.

+1

You will NOT regret this. Here's the way I see it:
Benefits: Low cost per HP gained. Much more fun to drive than stock (just the improved throttle response alone). Completely drivable, even as a DD.
Drawbacks: The addiction that follows (headers, exhaust, etc.)

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I DD my Shelby and have a cai, pulley, Long tube headers and a tune and it makes the car so much more enjoyable to drive but be careful modding is very addictive.

Kenneth

Established Member
daily drive mine also

Mods include:
2.59 pulley
Jon Lund tune
resonator delete
Airaid filter
Revan Racing heat exchanger
170* thermostat
NGK TR6 plugs

Loving every mile..

Only cons, I'm looking for what to do for next round of Mods.

Last edited:

REDNIGHTMARE

Established Member

I drive my car a good bit but sometimes it is a garage sitter. But it is hard deciding whether to spend money and how much money on a car you do not race, do not race a lot, or even do not drive a lot period. My first mods consisted of a 2.6 pulley, cai, tune and I was more than pleased. Felt like I had a completely different car. If you have the means, whether you drive it much or not, I recommend these upgrades. Never mod? You can't have a GT500 and not mod it lol. It's almost impossible unless you simply buy it hoping it will be worth some $$$ in the future and never drive it.

Last edited:

5.0Trunk

Established Member

Here's a link to my website and the multiple options available in a Performance Combo Package.

2007 - 2013 GT500 Combo Package - Revan Racing, Inc.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions. Besides, I was born in Louisville and I've got a bunch of customers in Kentucky! :beer:

Van

Damn.... Why did I come in here... I'll be calling you in a few weeks :)

abramsbrian

Established Member
I DD my car and have pulley, tune, intake, headers, Griggs suspension, trufiber hood, mgw shifter, C&R heat exchanger and radiator, and many more parts.....Its makes it so much more fun to DD!!

backinastang

Established Member
If you want to leave something stock buy a truck or a four door 4 banger. I am trying not to touch my 2011 GT500. It can't hook with the power it has but 750 hp is easy on these cars and the idea of having a 750 hp car is nuts. I am sure come Christmas I will justify a TVS 2.3. It's is the devil, our ego, that makes us do it. I wish I was strong but I have modded every muscle car I've ever owned. It's never fast enough and after a while it's not enough and we move onto the next ride we plan to leave stock. LOL! Do it!

CodyWayne718

Established Member
Thanks for comforting my mod bug. I just didn't want to get into it and it not be reliable anymore. Y'all are making it quite easier to purchase stuff. Now just gotta wait til the money is right!

CodyWayne718

Established Member
Just had I little disagreement with someone. Would you still mod if you had a warranty? This came up cause I'm putting gears in it and the family member told me I couldn't use his lift cause it would void warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread