Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Getting parts together to finish off my mild TVS build:

-BAP
-60lb injectors
-twin 67mm VMP tb
-go back to o/r x after emissions next month :pepper:

Last thing i was wanting to do before tuning was to upgrade from the 113mm Steeda intake to a 123-127mm JLT. Though.....do i really need to? Thought of using a MAFia to extend the range of the maf being that its half the cost of the JLT.

Not quite sure which way to go. Not really wanting to spend the dough, but if it's justifiable them i'll do it. Been hoping one will pop up in the market, but seems only the 10-12's are getting love.

So for people in the know, will the 113 housing start pegging with addition of the tb?

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Proto.... If you're not running a 10% and just the VMP tb you're probably ok, but at the limit for your maf.

As beast said, the JLT will do the job. In fact you can run the 123mm and be just fine.

With the 10 pct you're definitely out of maf.

Bj

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Van@RevanRacing

Getting parts together to finish off my mild TVS build:

-BAP
-60lb injectors
-twin 67mm VMP tb
-go back to o/r x after emissions next month :pepper:

Last thing i was wanting to do before tuning was to upgrade from the 113mm Steeda intake to a 123-127mm JLT. Though.....do i really need to? Thought of using a MAFia to extend the range of the maf being that its half the cost of the JLT.

Not quite sure which way to go. Not really wanting to spend the dough, but if it's justifiable them i'll do it. Been hoping one will pop up in the market, but seems only the 10-12's are getting love.

So for people in the know, will the 113 housing start pegging with addition of the tb?

You could do a MAFia but the JLT big air kit in Carbon Fiber or plastic will give you the range your going to need.

I've got them in stock and I can get you a new tune as well.

Give me a shout.

Van

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
123mm jlt flows just as well as the 127mm jlt due to the CF material on the inside of the tube is not as smooth as the plastic in the 123mm.

I upgraded from the 110mm jlt to the 123mm whipple and I gain 40 torq and 20 HP on a 3.4 whipple.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I did the 127 JLT so I could throw the Mafia away..... It's a great looking piece for sure. I didn't even consider the 123 when I replaced my Steeda 113 piece

DaFreak

Established Member
You could do a MAFia but the JLT big air kit in Carbon Fiber or plastic will give you the range your going to need.

I've got them in stock and I can get you a new tune as well.

Give me a shout.

Van

This happened to me (ran out/edge of air) with the 10% OD. Van, JLT 127, and Jon took care of that.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Why 60# vs 72# inj? Spend your $$ once and get 72#'s.
Aren't the 72 lb. specs measured at 43.5 psi? That equates to ~68 pph at the same 39 psi that the 60 pph injectors are spec'd. Not saying they're not larger, just not as big a disparity as it would seem measuring at different pressures... and since Proto already has a set.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Which is?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

123mm JLT at the least. Keeping my eye on the market, but will buy new around early may when the o/r x goes back on if one dosen't pop up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Aren't the 72 lb. specs measured at 43.5 psi? That equates to ~68 pph at the same 39 psi that the 60 pph injectors are spec'd. Not saying they're not larger, just not as big a disparity as it would seem measuring at different pressures... and since Proto already has a set.

60 @ 43.5

Can squeeze out more with more fuel pressure while keeping duty cycle below 80%

Like I say, more than enough injector for high 600's

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Gotta check this tb I just got. Should the blades hang open with electronics if u open them by hand not hooked up? A slight push springs it back closed

Users who are viewing this thread