To boost or not (kenne bell)

2001 svt cobra!

Established Member
that is disappointing especially bc their price sheet says updated on 2/18/2014 which was last month and its still an option leading you to believe they still have it that sucks... I dont quite have all the money ut together yet for it but was getting close

Drak

go baby go
Established Member
Well that solves all of that. Lol. Didn't ever plan to go through the effort of hunting down the pieces to a 03/04 kit, although the flexibility of it (growth wise) and cost are attractive, as is the PD style blower, more interested in a complete set up.

Whats everyone's opinions on a BAP vs a focus (255) pump or the 310 pump? Ease of install i imagine goes to the BAP, but over all efficiency to feed some 42lb injectors for 6-8 lbs of boost?

I wouldn't use a BAP. It might be easy, but it's not as efficient as a new (higher flowing) pump. If you do use a BAP, replace the stock wiring, to allow room for the additional amperage. Most people just swap the stock fuse to a larger one. :shrug:

I went with the 03/04 tank/pump assembly, because I wanted a baffled tank.
I can safely run 500RWHP with that setup, and close to 600 if I really wanted to with a BAP.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Well that solves all of that. Lol. Didn't ever plan to go through the effort of hunting down the pieces to a 03/04 kit, although the flexibility of it (growth wise) and cost are attractive, as is the PD style blower, more interested in a complete set up.

Whats everyone's opinions on a BAP vs a focus (255) pump or the 310 pump? Ease of install i imagine goes to the BAP, but over all efficiency to feed some 42lb injectors for 6-8 lbs of boost?
Don't try to piece an Eaton swap together. Contact 95sc. I got my swap from him and it had every nut and bolt to complete the swap. For my fuel system I just did the 03/04 tank and pumps. Gives room to grow in the future.

Last edited:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I've run the 6 psi KB for over 30k miles since 04 w/o any problems at all down here in Florida, that being said, I wished that I had done the IC model at the time, still 6 psi is not a disaster it runs great and gets 22 mpg on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread