To all those that are changing the shifter...

a94cobra

Established Member
Unscrew the shifter knob. Then pull up on the inside area where the shifter boot is. Give it a good jerk it will just pop out. Unclip the cigarette lighter on the back.

But most importantly, don't scratch the damn thing.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Hey guys............my exact 03' replacement shifter bezel w/ leather boot came in today from

FordPartsCheap.com

$100 bucs, extreme customer service, and it turns out they are a Ford Dealership on the east coast of Florida. I had a few questions with my order and they were certain to clarify everything before shipping.

I hope that helps. :beer:

Last edited:

a94cobra

Established Member
Any chance you would post that part number and pic maybe? Would be much appreciated.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Number 2..........good luck

ps..it's the exact replacement. Ignore the masking tape, I put that there.

a94cobra

Established Member
Too many thanks. I am gonna see my dealer tomorrow and see if that was the same # they have.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Tape.........

A.......it's a secret. I've got plans for my interior parts. You will see in time. I didn't just buy the shifter bezel, there were a few other pieces to go along with it.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
$450? Sure that wasn't for the center console itself? In my GT I replaced it for under $100. Hell, the piece around the gauges is only $15.

a94cobra

Established Member
Ok, I checked the part number again with my dealer. We went through several months of ordering wrong parts till we got hold of a guy who looked the part number up off the cars build sheet. The correct part number is 1R3Z-6304567-AAB. We ordered in 3 other parts and they all had vinyl boots. Even the one listed earlier in the thread by One|Fast|Ride. Look this Part number up and and you will see the $400 price tag.

One|Fast|Ride >> Your pic looks like leather from the top. Could I talk you into a bottom pic of that boot. Maybe even one with some of the part number stickers on it. My dealer is curious if somehow you or they got the wrong part in the box. If yours is leather, they may order another one to be sure. TIA

On another note, If I am gonna have to pay thru the teeth to get this part, I might just get the one from the 10th Anniversary Cobra. It has a carbon fiber mesh look to the leather. Looked really neat. I just need the part number for that now.

Last edited:

Onelfastlride

Established Member
a94cobra

Give FordpartsCheap.com a call. Honest. I'm not making this up. My replacement is leather, it is the exact 03' Cobra OEM part. When you order you give them your VIN if you choose to insure proper parts. Mine came in a sealed Ford box. FordPartsCheap.com is a FORD DEALER and maybe they know a little more then your dealer, it woulndn't be the first time. I know I've talked to one parts guy, get one answer, then talk to another and get another answer. If they aren't looking in the right place they won't get it right.

If you'd like email me [email protected] and I'll give you the guys number at FordPartsCheap.com.

Users who are viewing this thread