TMI Chicane Seats Do Fit in a 94-98 Vert

from6to8

Established Member
I want to be clear, the TMI seats ARE good quality seats. I personally think there are better options for seats at the price point. However, finding an exact match seat is basically impossible and like you, I just couldn't settle for anything other than a factory color. I understand your interest in keeping the color.

You can find good seats in a JY if you choose passenger side seat foams. You'll have great lick that way but still, it's a used foam and will break down pretty quick as it's already 15-20 years old and sitting in a JY.

I did some additional digging and apparently it's a two part issue that's caused the huge price hike. It's equal parts supply chain issues (oil factory shutdown affected plastics greatly) and long LONG overdue price. I don't think any company should sell at a loss but an incremental increase over a shorter time frame would have been a nice heads up. Like, "Get em while you can, our prices are increasing to adequately cover manufacturing and fair employee wages".

If you do but them, I can say you won't be disappointed.
You probably missed my question as do I absolutely need to use the low profile bracket or can I use mine? If I use mine I'll sit that much higher and risk touching the ceiling lol?

yeah the thing is it would be just so much work and luck to actually find a set of decent tans in a junkyard out of a 94-98 because the cars themselves are getting rare and luck of the draw to find some that won't need reconditioning. I mean I thought bout reconditioning mine but i want to update the interior somewhat. Also most junkyards won't/can't tell you what's in the car you will just have to go look.

Crazy thing is though that a friend actually lucked up on some seats in excellent shape out of a 98 and he paid guess what; I believe around 70 bucks for the entire set smh. I was sooo jealous I told him i would give him 300-500 bucks for them lol

Users who are viewing this thread