tires!~!~!~!

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
i know this has been done before, but the search said nada. Im looking at several options. I could just suck it up and get a DR, but i want great rain traction, and i want it to last more then 2500 miles(F1s lasted like 3k). I really want a nice cheap tire that hooks well, and goes like 10k miles with me driving. I trive TC off almost 100%, and several woot runs just going home and to work. I love the car, but she takes a beating sometimes. Anyway, just getting opnions on what a good tire would be for me.

Also, i want it to be as wide as possible on stock wheels with no spacers.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
3k miles? geez, and I thought I was rough on my truck

snake bite 03

SNCBOOM said:

yea same here my last set lasted me 6,000 and are still going even with 2 trips to the track and a hand full of burnouts on the streets and some donuts and driving it hard around town...they were Falken Azenis Sport tires...good ass tire for the price.. but i dont think they come in a size u would want i got 245/45-17 just untill i get the money for new rims and tires...

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
SNCBOOM said:
i actually thought i was very nice to the tires, not one burnout, and only like 3 donuts. I have done 100+ burnouts in my other stang, and it has 15k with 90% thread left. Also are all weather 235 tires.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
You could try the Nitto 555, that's what I have now and they seem to be ok.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I have the Nitto 555R's (not the drag radials) and they don't have the best dry traction, but i've taken it to the track..made several passes. Drive at least 700 miles every 2 weeks and I've had it for 8,000 miles at least and i still have a lot of tread on them.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
I can get about 10k, maybe a little more, out of my Nitto DRs. I can also cut a high 1.6 60' at the track in a 4700lb truck w/ an 18" wheel. IMO they are a great tire...At least for the trucks. :coolman:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
For Sale:

'03 Terminator for sale. 15K miles. Gently used. New Nitto 555 DR tires. PM me if interested.

- Venix

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
For Sale:

'03 Terminator for sale. 15K miles. Gently used. New Nitto 555 DR tires. PM me if interested.

- Venix
You mean you have a set of nittos with over 15k miles?!?!?! Most guys i know cant get 2500 miles out of them.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Venix said:
You mean you have a set of nittos with over 15k miles?!?!?! Most guys i know cant get 2500 miles out of them.

The NITTO 555 Extreme streets went 20K with tread left. Then I traded her in.

97snaketrplB

If you don't mind spending the cash, michelin ps2's are the best performance tires on the market right now (though not drag racing specific).

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I managed to get about 8k out of my Eagles...
I did about 4 rotates to do that..

I needed to find an inexpensive tire that would still hook ok... that would handle good(very important)... and if it lasted about the same... good enough.

I picked the Sumitumo HTR ZII in the stock size... outstanding price :thumbsup: they do hook very good :thumbsup: and they -->seem<--- to be predictable in handling at the limit... I'll know more after the next track event.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z+II

I almost went with the Kuhmo Ecsta MX... but these Sumitumos were a little cheaper...

If you want the VERY best..... the Michelin Pilot Sports are :bowdown: www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+PS2

with the Sport Cup version being even more :bowdown: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+Cup

"You results may vary"

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread