tires

red cobra 03

Established Member
Going to change out my back tires. Was thinking of going with nitto 305 35 r20. Will they fit on the stock rim? I've been told they will but i would like to hear from someone using them. And if so how do you like them? Thanks.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Going to change out my back tires. Was thinking of going with nitto 305 35 r20. Will they fit on the stock rim? I've been told they will but i would like to hear from someone using them. And if so how do you like them? Thanks.

I'm using the Mickeys.... you'll shit your pants when you see how ****in fabulous these work. They Bite hard, great in the Rain... I change Mine out every year start of the season.

M/T ET Street Drag Radial - 305/35R20

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetRadialII

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you're not planning much power mods, go 305/35/20 NT555Rs.
They fit the rim better and have a better street compromise than the NT05R.
I ran my car with the NT05Rs but on 11" widened wheels and love them, but mine is modded and I'm used to drag radials.
-J

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
If you're not planning much power mods, go 305/35/20 NT555Rs.
They fit the rim better and have a better street compromise than the NT05R.
I ran my car with the NT05Rs but on 11" widened wheels and love them, but mine is modded and I'm used to drag radials.
-J

I've probably asked you this once before but I forget the answer.

I'm going to go with the 555's but what should I run up front?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock wheels or 20" Alcoas?
Stock wheel they have a 255/40/19 NT555G2 (gen 2) and a 275/40 but I think the 40 up front in a 275 is bulky.
The 305/35/20 is 28.6" so equivalent sidewall in a 19" would be like 27.6" but too bulky up front is ugly.
-J

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Stock wheels or 20" Alcoas?
Stock wheel they have a 255/40/19 NT555G2 (gen 2) and a 275/40 but I think the 40 up front in a 275 is bulky.
The 305/35/20 is 28.6" so equivalent sidewall in a 19" would be like 27.6" but too bulky up front is ugly.
-J

I'm stock.

I go back and forth between the toyos and the 555's. I'm bone stock and only drive her on weekends in the best of weather. She's got 3800 flawless miles and my only complaint is the stock rubber.

svt662

Established Member
I'm stock.

I go back and forth between the toyos and the 555's. I'm bone stock and only drive her on weekends in the best of weather. She's got 3800 flawless miles and my only complaint is the stock rubber.
Try to find two used rears on eBay and I would go with the mickey's but the 555's are great 2 anything is better than stock! PS You know that some jerk off will f::k up your stock wheels 99% of the time!

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm stock.

If you only do nice weather, the next question is do you nail it mainly in a straight line? I still take an occasional on/off ramp with speed and it's not like the NT05Rs are terrible, but I don't have any local canyon carving spots, as many guys don't and drag radials will be better inn90% of the times you want to have fun.
I don't think you'll go wrong either way, but I'd vote for the bigger/meaner looking 305 555Rs
-J

svt662

Established Member
If you only do nice weather, the next question is do you nail it mainly in a straight line? I still take an occasional on/off ramp with speed and it's not like the NT05Rs are terrible, but I don't have any local canyon carving spots, as many guys don't and drag radials will be better inn90% of the times you want to have fun.
I don't think you'll go wrong either way, but I'd vote for the bigger/meaner looking 305 555Rs
-J
+1 The 305 is a must!

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
-J

Yes I only go fast stop light to stop light and some highway pulls. I never carve corners or have and twisty roads where I'm at.

Try to find two used rears on eBay and I would go with the mickey's but the 555's are great 2 anything is better than stock! PS You know that some jerk off will f::k up your stock wheels 99% of the time!

When yo say **** up do you mean during installation? Cause I got a real good tire guy that I've been going to for years.

svt662

Established Member
Yes I only go fast stop light to stop light and some highway pulls. I never carve corners or have and twisty roads where I'm at.

When yo say **** up do you mean during installation? Cause I got a real good tire guy that I've been going to for years.
Yes! During the install..

fearthesnake

Established Member
just curious if anyone has some pics of the 305/35/20 NT555R installed on the rears?

Was wanting to see how much overlap on the rim there is, I will be ready to buy 2 new rears this summer most likely.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread