Tires for my Cobra

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
I have 19,000 miles on my 2004 Cobra, thinking about getting her out of hibernation today, I want a good tire with traction in cooler temps as well as a 40,000 mile tire if possible, she has 473 HP at the wheels, I have a new set of drag radials (so I don't need those) speaking of which I may be selling those, as I bought them with hopes of getting to the track and with the babies I doubt that will happen this year...

I am looking at these... BF Goodrich g-Force Sport anyone have them? Like or dislike them? Basically looking for a good cruising tire...

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Hi Susie!

I went with Goodyear F1 GS-D3

Very high dry rating as well as a #10 wet rating. Not a tire designed for the drag strip. Also damn expensive.

Eagle F1 GS D3 | Goodyear Tires

+1 on expensive, but no worse than the Michelin Pilots I had previously.

I have the same tires on my car, they handle fairly well, decent traction, are not too loud on the road and have an aggressive looking tread pattern.

Do not expect to get 40 K miles out of any Z rated tire, I think I got ~15k out of the stock tires.

-Brian

evolve

Established Member
Youve sparked my interest in your DRs. Brand/condition/price? As far as a cruising tire, Id look into BF Goodrich, Goodyear, and Michelin. Those are three top tier tires!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For everyday use, I've always liked the Michelin Pilots. If you have a Costco Warehouse nearby you can get pretty good deals on Michelin tires and they have special sales a few times a year.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I am running Continental Contitrac Extreme DW tires, very nice tire so far have no complaints.

hunterp

Established Member
Been running Bridgestone Potenza RE760 and been fairly happy with them so far. Can't speak to their longevity since this is my first go round with them.

Users who are viewing this thread