Tires and Tune

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
Currently, I have a 2011 Mustang Gt A6 with the stock 3.15 gears, its got gt500 axlebacks only, cold air intake, and bama 93r tune.. Suspension is tokico d spec adjustable shocks front and rear, and I'm not sure on the springs because I bought it lowered. So, I found a form I believe the previous owner was on, and its lowered 1 inch in the front, and 2 inches in the rear.

Currently, it has 19x10 American Muscle rims with 275/40/19s on it, I don't now if the sway bar has been relocated but I did see new blue brackets around it, that were the same color blue as the springs, which are also supposed to be steeda.

Can I fit a 275/60/15? I would like a set of matte black or darkstar style rims because I just need the rears, Using a tire calculator I seen my overall diameter was 27.7", and I have no problems now as far as rubbing or anything..

My tune came on the car as well, I called bama and it was never data logged.. I feel that its pretty strong now, not sure on 1/4 mile, but right now I have a best of 7.99 with a 1.99 60 ft in the 1/8th. Would I be better to sign up for $150 bucks for the free tunes for life and get it data logged, or is the BBR or AED canned tune ready to go with more power? I can't seem to find anything comparing the canned tune on a dyno side by side...I'm wanting to get the tires and the tune asap so any help is appreciated, I will also be getting a 100 shot tune to start with, and that's as high as bama will tune for but I was thinking of a BBR tune..

SirJAG

Established Member
AED, i have had both, and bama was very conservative....the throttle response on the AED tune is worth the money, even if thats really the only change..

it remindes me of a quick throttle upgrade on motorcycles.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
I've been reading good things about aed, but I see nothing about pricing? What is the cost difference and is it worth it? I noticed BBR will do a tune for 75 bucks, and data log it for another 100, and Bama only wants 150 for the tunes for life..I hear that bama tunes have to be data logged to get the same results as other tunes that their conservative out the shoot, but with data logging they will really give you the best performance? Theres no truth to this?

I think bamas name gets hurt due to them shooting a tune without data logging, from what I read, sean at AED wants a data log before tuning, therefore all his tunes are never limited for a base tune.. i.e. my car has had a 93r tune from bama for 3 years, and never been data logged.. I could be wrong, but that's just from different things I've been reading..

Has anyone data logged a tune with bama and ended up switching to aed for a true comparison on a track or dyno?

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
Bump Pleease, Is there a real side by side comparison out there after both tunes are data logged? What does AED charge for a tune?

Can I fit 275/60/15s under my gt premium? its been lowered 2 inches in the rear using springs. Right now I have 19x9.5s or 19x10s? with 275/40/19s with no problems..

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
What does AED charge for a tune?

All N/A and Factory S/C Fords - $450 flat rate
All Aftermarket Power Adder Fords - $550 flat rate
2011+ Ford Mail order Custom tuning pricing:
Performance tune $250
Idle Lope option :$75 extra (Available for all 2011+ 5.0 GT/Boss M6 and A6)
E85 option: $100 extra
Boost tune: $450
Nitrous: $100 extra

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
If you have a sct handheld already Shaun will hook you up for 250.00 with a performance tune. I just got mine 4 days ago and it's defiantly worth it. I had a bama 93r tune for a few months which was good but I wanted to try aed. Well it's better and pulls harder in every gear.also have the piece of mind with the amazing reliability he has with these 5.0s

Btw you ask for a comparison- yes I just data logged the bama 93r and his tune.. I won't go into much detail as I was pretty happy with the bama tune for the time it was on the car, but I will say the aed tune was not only a safer all around a/f ratio but also the timing curve is set up correctly I see basically no kr with it vs the other tune I had 4 degrees of kr

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
All N/A and Factory S/C Fords - $450 flat rate
All Aftermarket Power Adder Fords - $550 flat rate
2011+ Ford Mail order Custom tuning pricing:
Performance tune $250
Idle Lope option :$75 extra (Available for all 2011+ 5.0 GT/Boss M6 and A6)
E85 option: $100 extra
Boost tune: $450
Nitrous: $100 extra

Yup

dead man walkin

Established Member
You won't find a bama and AED or Lund tune side by side, same car same fuel . Anywhere. . I think that says something. . I have been data logging my car every time I fill up. And I haven't changed anything, I've noticed over 5 degrees advance on good fuel with no knock vs bad fuel where I actually had knock and timing pulled, it's crazy..

2012csgt

Established Member
Oh and in case you are still wondering, a 275/60/15 on a 15x8 rim/racestar will fit perfect. It's exactly what I use. If you put that tire on a 15x10 wheel you will need sway bar relocation brackets. Also go AED FWIW

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
Lots of good info here! Thanks, I will look into the AED tunes, although they do seem high, I'm guessing their worth it.

Are you sure a 275/60/15 would be perfect with me being lowered 2 inches? I'm running 275/40/19s now..

goat-ee

Established Member
Lots of good info here! Thanks, I will look into the AED tunes, although they do seem high, I'm guessing their worth it.

Are you sure a 275/60/15 would be perfect with me being lowered 2 inches? I'm running 275/40/19s now..

I've had both Bama and AED. There is as much difference between AED and Bama as there is between stock and Bama. Somehow AED has better driveability, fuel mileage and way better horsepower than the Bama ever thought about having. Is it a few bucks? Yes, but the best money you will ever spend on your car. An AED tune is hands down the best mod on these cars.

The funny part is Shaun will try to talk you out of the upgrade from Bama. He told me I might not see a significant HP increase. :bs: He is the last person to brag on his own work.

I sound like an advertisement don't I?!?!? lol Where is my damn check then? :idea:

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
AED would be my choice. You'd probably be happy with others.

Except bama. Had bama for far too long on my 11 GT I previously had. Swapping to the AED tune because Bama is a bunch of idiots and could not figure out how to fix my horrible idle on my 11 GT that would cause the car to almost stall (or stall if I accidently let the clutch out a little at the wrong time) every now and then. Idle RPMs would randomly dip so low it wasn't funny.

Bamas solution? Blame my CAI, then raise my idle RPM.

Cai was untouched swapping tunes and worked great with AED. Idle RPM was right on with AED and didn't almost stall constantly.

Lets not even talk about how bad the driveability was with Bama. I didn't realize how bad it was till I got the tune from AED. Night and day difference.

Power gains? Butt dyno was happy. Doubt it was anything huge, but it sure felt like the car drove easier and felt far faster.

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
Power gains? Butt dyno was happy. Doubt it was anything huge, but it sure felt like the car drove easier and felt far faster.

I forgot to mention the measured gains. Similar DA, car went from 13.0 @ 110mph with Bama to 12.6 @ 113.6mph with AED. Don't look at the e.t., look at the mph, that's a big gain.

Last edited:

hoodley

Established Member
FIIINALLY! someone posted an actual measured gain!! .4 is a shit ton of improvment as is the 3mph
see now yall got me wondering, cause i have been happy with my bama tune...but 4 tenths!!! anyone else got this kind of improvement?? and mine is very driveable, i think...what kinda idle rpm is normal btw?

oh, and OP your wheel choice WILL fit with the 15X8.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I forgot to mention the measured gains. Similar DA, car went from 13.0 @ 110mph with Bama to 12.6 @ 113.6mph with AED. Don't look at the e.t., look at the mph, that's a big gain.

Thats a pretty significant gain. What were your 60's in each run?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
FIIINALLY! someone posted an actual measured gain!! .4 is a shit ton of improvment as is the 3mph
see now yall got me wondering, cause i have been happy with my bama tune...but 4 tenths!!! anyone else got this kind of improvement?? and mine is very driveable, i think...what kinda idle rpm is normal btw?

oh, and OP your wheel choice WILL fit with the 15X8.

I don't have drag improvements because I don't prefer drag racing. 3 years owning the 2011 GT and I had only taken to the drag strip twice, near the end of ownership with an AED tune. So I can only tell you how the car feels.

My idle with AED was about 750. Bama raised mine to almost 1K to keep from stalling. Was originally around 750.

hoodley

Established Member
Thats good info nosympathy, my idle is about 900+ which i was thinking is a little high.
Looks i may be changing tunes again...

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
Thanks again, So it sounds like AED tune and 275/60/15s are the way to go, does anyone know of anything cheap to mount them on, I just need 2 for the rear to hook, and I prefer black, the dark starts are just so much..

It sounds like some of you didn't catch I already have a bama 93r tune, and I feel like its a big difference, this was one of their first tunes I'm assuming, I bought the car with it and when I called AM to find out, the purchase date of the tune was in 2010, and its an 11, and also it was never logged, I ran 7.99 with a 1.99 60ft in the 1/8th on street tires using the staggard setup with 19s on the rear.. now yeah, My driveability is hardcord because at redlights even, especially on rainy days and it shifts into second when turning it will easily jurk sideways..

Users who are viewing this thread