Tires and Suspension

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Ok guys, I need new tires and am fixing to order them shortly, probably the Michelin's 285 back / 275 front. I figured I should do some suspension work at the same time. My goal is to lower the car a little but not introduce annoying negatives. I have always thought I could just add the FRPP springs and get a pan-hard bar to center the car and be done with it. Although I worry about getting wheel hop with no brackets.

I've seen so many threads talking about suspension mods with people changing UCA's, LCA's, putting on brackets, putting on a brace etc. Many seem happy but I've seen people struggling to get the car quiet again. I think I'd go nuts.

Like I said my goal is a lowered car and at least the performance I have now. What should I do? I don't want to be having to grease bushings all the time, don't want wheel hop added and don't want noises coming out of the suspension.

I did talk with Van last summer and he made a recommendation, but I guess I still wasn't confident enough to pull the trigger. I'm just sick of the 4x4 look.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

ThomasL

Established Member
Check my thread a few below this titled 'BMR Suspension Installed'. Sounds like the setup i just installed would be exactly what you're looking for.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
My suspension setup is the following, I have no squeaks or rattles and it feels like it's on rails;

STEEDA
UCA Adjustable
LCA
Sway bar links
Springs
Pan hard bar w/brace
Trunk mounted X brace

Hope this helps,

Manuel

Last edited:

RangerDLA

Established Member
On my '13 Boss, I went with FRPP springs and an adjustable Panhard bar and that was it. Lowered the car perfectly, didn't change how quiet the suspension was and it didn't make the ride worse. The handling was improved though. This will be as far as I go on the Shelby. The 4x4 look sucks. It should be noted that I don't track or plan on tracking my car, I just do some spirited driving from time to time. It's really going to depend on what your goal/use is. Good luck.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Ok guys, I need new tires and am fixing to order them shortly, probably the Michelin's 285 back / 275 front. I figured I should do some suspension work at the same time. My goal is to lower the car a little but not introduce annoying negatives. I have always thought I could just add the FRPP springs and get a pan-hard bar to center the car and be done with it. Although I worry about getting wheel hop with no brackets.

I've seen so many threads talking about suspension mods with people changing UCA's, LCA's, putting on brackets, putting on a brace etc. Many seem happy but I've seen people struggling to get the car quiet again. I think I'd go nuts.

Like I said my goal is a lowered car and at least the performance I have now. What should I do? I don't want to be having to grease bushings all the time, don't want wheel hop added and don't want noises coming out of the suspension.

I did talk with Van last summer and he made a recommendation, but I guess I still wasn't confident enough to pull the trigger. I'm just sick of the 4x4 look.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

So, start with Springs and a PHR - then see how the car does, and if you want anymore from it.

As for noises form UCA/LCA, etc.....all set-ups are different, but, if there is a noise other than slight road noise increase, and a slight increase in gear whine - then something is not right. ALL aftermarket UCA and LCA set-ups will increase NVH. I have been involved in interior dB level testing, and I promise - they all show an increase. If you are concerned with this, I recommend either A; not installing aftermarket UCA/LCA, or B; Ensuring that you do not use a bearing on any of the rear suspension pieces.

ThomasL, who posted above, installed a full BMR Suspension recently on his '14 GT500. Other than a slight increase in road noise, the car feels amazing - and is very "tame". Much, MUCH different than some reviews you will see, claiming the car feels like it's going to fall apart.

As far as greasing bushings is concerned, if that is something you do not want to do - then you need to stay away from a Poly bushing set-up. Maybe the Roush Control Arms will be your best bet, even though the performance isn't going to be on par with some of the more rigid combos.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Eibach Pro Kit, BMR UCA, LCA, Panhard and brace, LCA relocation brackets,, all adjustable,,,no noise, bangs, squeaks, groans. MPSS 295/35/20 (105Y) Ferrari rears, 275/40/19 (105Y) fronts,,,car handles like a dream and looks good too. No regrets on anything I've done. Great package.

imagejpg2-5.jpg

imagejpg1-14.jpg

imagejpg1-13.jpg

imagejpg4-2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread