Tired my DROID, so I shot it! Vid included

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
Title says it all. Check out my 2 min video

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozSvfWyEGkY&list=UU38LdyYnEWB3fmMe9n4eCvQ&index=1&feature=plcp"]Death of a DROID - YouTube[/nomedia]

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I had the same phone with the same problem. Verizon gave me a different phone for free though. Can't beat that.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
This is good tohear. My phone does the same thing.. Straight drops call and service randomly.. I'll be in teh gym lifting and my phone will turn off because it drops signal somehow.. SO I just go to Verizon and tell them WTF is wrong with my phone?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I wouldve at least just gotten a new one from a Verizon store and then turned it straight over to Craigslist. Theyre going for around $120-140 in my area.

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
I wouldve at least just gotten a new one from a Verizon store and then turned it straight over to Craigslist. Theyre going for around $120-140 in my area.

That was my original plan, but after I done a hard reset to set the phone back to factory condition, the touch screen would not respond. After several attempts to remedy the issue, I gave up. I got more satisfaction from shooting it than putting any more effort into fixing it and selling it. :lol1:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That was my original plan, but after I done a hard reset to set the phone back to factory condition, the touch screen would not respond. After several attempts to remedy the issue, I gave up. I got more satisfaction from shooting it than putting any more effort into fixing it and selling it. :lol1:

thus why you shouldve returned it for a new one, and then sold that one.

Must be nice to just blow off 30min of effort and $120.......

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
thus why you shouldve returned it for a new one, and then sold that one.

Must be nice to just blow off 30min of effort and $120.......

I hear ya, not worth the effort to me though and already had my eye on the iphone 4s. I was anti Apple for a long long time and after several bad experiences with name brand PC's, I went with a imac over the summer and have never looked back. I figured if there phone is anything as good as there computer, I would be happy. I am a small business owner and when I need my shit to work, I need it to WORK and not hang up etc etc etc. Besides, I wouldn't feel right selling an item that I feel like is still a POS when it's all said and done. Thats just my 2 cents anyway...

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
Your phone purposely quit working because it couldn't stand your accent any longer.
I live and grew up in the south and YES, I have a southern accent. No need to be a goober about it though? :??:
I thought I was among friends here on the site and I have had 2 smart remarks in the first 2 hours? WTF

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I live and grew up in the south and YES, I have a southern accent. No need to be a goober about it though? :??:
I thought I was among friends here on the site and I have had 2 smart remarks in the first 2 hours? WTF

Just messin with ya. :beer:

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
My D1 lasted about as long, although rooted and romed for 90% of that time, it finally gave up the ghost just in time to pick up a Nexus. :)

However the timeline makes me curious since you're able to upgrade about the time your phone starts going doiwn hill...coincidence???

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ I've noticed this with almost every phone I've owned.. Once you hit the 1.5yr mark with it, it starts to kick the bucket almost forcing you to buy a new phone..

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Did you shoot it with a damn pellet gun? Weak. I'm saving my OG droid for my .300RUM.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
my mom recently upgraded to a iphone 4 from my original 3G so I'm gonna take that out and shoot it here in awhile.

Start with my 22 or so and then my 40.

Users who are viewing this thread