Tire Recommendation

lawdude

Established Member
Looking for fronts for my Steeda Spyder wheels 20 X 9.5. Toyo R888s are wearing out. Will NOT be putting R888s on the front again. I need a recommendation for well-behaved all season performance tires.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
They're not all season, but Michelin Pilot Super Sports are well behaved. Check out Tire Racks ratings for max performance radials. It comes out on top.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I just put on the MPSS. Remarkable tire in every way.

They are brining out the new designed Michelin Super Sport All Seasons (AS3). Supposed to be very good as well.

Boozshey

Established Member
I like the TR4's I put on mine. So far they've been good. Stay away from Invo's if they were an option. I hated them.

YukonRally

Established Member
I run Bridgestone S-04 Pole Positions and love them. Been doing great in the dry and the wet. Check out they're ratings on Tire Rack, they come in second only to Michelin Super Sports, and they are a whole lot cheaper.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Pilot Super Sports, great traction and the dont wear out like other performance tires. IMO the best tire for the money.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
So were you not happy with the R888's? I've been thinking of doing them all the way around.....I take it you wouldn't recommend that. What is the issue keeping you from using them again?

lawdude

Established Member
So were you not happy with the R888's? I've been thinking of doing them all the way around.....I take it you wouldn't recommend that. What is the issue keeping you from using them again?

Love 'em on the rear. I'll buy another set for the rear. But the fronts tramline very badly. I'm tired of fighting the steering wheel.

DaFreak

Established Member
Hey Lawdude,

I just put the NT05's (not the R's) up front and really like them. Not sure I'd call them all season though :)

G/L,

Jeff

lawdude

Established Member
Ended up going with Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT. These are summer tires. Because of where I live I will run them year round. Replaced the R888s on front only. I did so based on price and reviews.

With about 250 miles on them I have no complaints and like them way better than the Toyos. Handling with the Toyos was ponderous and I always felt like I was fighting the steering wheel. Handling with the Dunlops is much lighter and I have detected no tramlining. I'm still getting used to the fact that I don't have to be ready to intervene like I did when the Toyos decided to follow whatever crease, crack or other imperfection they came across in the pavement. In addition, the Dunlops are much quieter than the Toyos. Haven't had an opportunity to run the Dunlops in the rain.

Still run R888s on rear and when those wear out I will replace them with R888s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread