Tire question...

Brad Azz

Go Browns!!!
Established Member
I've got a hole in the side wall of my front passenger side tire... The tires are Pirelli P7000 275/35ZR18's... These tires are discontinued and I cannot find them anywhere... What should I do? Here are my options:

1. Get another Pirelli tire that is the same size and try to find a close tread pattern

2. Get 2 different front tires

3. Get 2 Pirelli P7000 265/35ZR18's... I found someone who has these in stock at $139 each...

If anyone has any other suggestions, let's hear them... Thanks!

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I would go for option #3... imo having 2 different type of tires up front is a little scary.

ridethelighteni

foolish samurai warrior
Established Member
I think it is pretty important to have matched tires, morso on a performance vehicle. Option 3 is good, but if it were me I prefer not to go down a tire size, I'd suck it up and get two new 275's if I had the $$.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
cobra4v said:
I would go for option #3... imo having 2 different type of tires up front is a little scary.

What he said mismatched is not good.

However, option 2 is the ideal one.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Brad Azz said:
I've got a hole in the side wall of my front passenger side tire... The tires are Pirelli P7000 275/35ZR18's... These tires are discontinued and I cannot find them anywhere... What should I do? Here are my options:

1. Get another Pirelli tire that is the same size and try to find a close tread pattern

2. Get 2 different front tires

3. Get 2 Pirelli P7000 265/35ZR18's... I found someone who has these in stock at $139 each...

If anyone has any other suggestions, let's hear them... Thanks!

they sell P7000's on Ebay for $125 ea

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Big Top GT said:
You don't have to put matching tire sizes on the front and back. I have 245 up front and 275's out back... It's actually pretty common.

Alan

the vettes are set up that way too...

245's up front and 275 in the rear. less strain on the rack and pinion.

Tom

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Mismatched but same sized tires from side to side is a definite bad idea in front...ie model, brand, tread, speed rating, load rating...

But in the rear....(side to side remember) it is much less of an issue... and we tend to burn them up so quick... it will only be a minor issue for a brief period. The dreaded pull could still show up just not as bad as it would up front.

Jimmy :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread