Tire Bubble

oneof185

Established Member
Anyone had issues with the Pirelli tires getting bubbles. My 2015 eco boost with the Pzero Nero, 2,000 miles has a bubble the size of a golf ball. Car is 6 months old and actually hasn't been driven on the highway for a couple months, suddenly has a bubble. I take it to Ford and they say it has to be from road damage, most likely a pothole. There is no scuff on the wheel or tire and roads all around me are 25-40 mph limit...I don't recall hitting any potholes and believe I would realize if I did, as I'm very particular and would've remembered when I hit it. Anyway, not much I can do it seems as I read reviews and apparently these tires get bubbles easily. My problem is replacing one tire, must go back to the same and then continue running these tires that seem to be bubble prone.

Just curios if anyone else has experienced. I'm considering getting 4 completely different tires and then just selling the other three that are basically new.

wmfateam

Established Member
As a former service advisor, the only thing you can do is read your supplementary warranty book regarding the tire manufacturer and contact them directly. I never had a tire bubble covered by the manufacturer, had three in three years.

MackCaddy

Established Member
I had a similar sized bubble on my front passenger tire, but I did hit a nasty pot hole about a week prior to noticing it. Car had 5500 miles and the dealer wanted $400 for a replacement tire. Found one on tirerack.com for nearly half that and had Discount Tire price match it.

Users who are viewing this thread