Tire Advice

Hotwire

Established Member
The tires on the car I just bought need to be replaced. They have been sitting quite a bit for the past 5 years and it's just time. Currently running 275/40/17 ZR Pirelli P7000 Supersport. Any advice on a replacement? I would like to keep the same stock size unless you have a good reason to do otherwise. Car is a 2003 and is stock with stock wheels. It is a second car just used for pleasure. No racing or track as of now.

Thoughts?

jpk

Established Member
I have become a fan of the Mickey Thompson Street Comp. It is a very reasonably priced tire yet it has a great, sporty, communicative feel and I get smooth transitions from spin to grip without wheel hop or sudden unpredictable behavior. Nice stiff sidewall, good grip, and plenty of hydroplaning resistance to make it safe. It is not a drag radial or auto-X tire, so not ultimate grip. But for a regular performance summer tire that gives very nice performance. And I don't get that vague wandering feel on the freeway either.

hotcobra03

Established Member
We just got nitto 555..

Very cheap on wallet..130 each @discount for cash and carry..

I go to a local shop for mount and balance. .

At first they were scary in the rain..but after some wear seam to be getting better..

I went with 275-40-17

Wish I went 1 size bigger they look thin..
As a daily driver I want all 4 the same size..

If 2nd car I would go big for that mean look..

WireMesh

Established Member
I just got Pilot Super Sports and they are a very good tire for all around performance. Not just straight lines.

Users who are viewing this thread