Tips for better runs sn95 cobra 4v

MASSHOLE_SN95

Established Member
But he doesn't have YOUR intake or YOUR cams or anything YOU did. So again, I don't think you "know" exactly where he shoul be shifting. You say yourself, once you build the car you put it on the dyno and then determine where the optimum shift point is. You haven done that for this guy with this car,have you? Also, looking at all these dyno reaults, SO MANY of these cars produce different power. So to say we should all shift at the same point is stupid.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Disconnect the front sway car (where it connects to the A-arms)
Rear tire pressure should be 14psi (cold)
5 sec burnout and roll out..quickly stage
Preload the drive train
~4000 as stated..maybe higher if the track holds
A quick feather dump and mash the gas
Shift every gear at redline..trust me.

You should cut low 1.8's all day.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
So again, I don't think you "know" exactly where he shoul be shifting. You say yourself, once you build the car you put it on the dyno and then determine where the optimum shift point is. You haven done that for this guy with this car,have you? Also, looking at all these dyno reaults, SO MANY of these cars produce different power. So to say we should all shift at the same point is stupid.

I'm right, you're wrong, deal with it. The difference in powerbands between B headed Cobra's is very little and his car is stock and therefore we all know it makes peak power somewhere between 6000 and 6200 and terrible power at 4000 and below. So, if he wants to "not be quick" in the quarter he should shift at a low RPM and take advantage of the lack of power at 4k.

The post right above mine was made by someone who has far more 1/4 mile runs in a B headed Cobra than I and therefore his opinion carries a great amount of weight.
He says to redline it in every gear...hmm, maybe I do know what I'm talking about.

The only time I turn into an ass is when those that have no idea tell me I'm wrong...this is one of those times.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Dick, I didn't say to shift at 4,000. I agree to shift past 6,400. But if you lose to much rpm when shifting. SHIFT FASTER!

That's my father's name and as such I take that as a compliment. :rockon:
Did I say to shift at 4000?
The difference in powerbands between B headed Cobra's is very little and his car is stock and therefore we all know it makes peak power somewhere between 6000 and 6200 and makes terrible power at 4000. So, if he wants to "not be quick" in the quarter he should shift at a low RPM and take advantage of the lack of power at 4k.

Shifting in the low 6k range puts the RPM at the bottom of 2nd gear below 4000rpm which is where a B headed car makes absolutely no power. That's like throwing out an anchor.

Last edited:

ZAPPY

Established Member
Dick, I didn't say to shift at 4,000. I agree to shift past 6,400. But if you lose to much rpm when shifting. SHIFT FASTER!

Dude ur a bone head, why dont u do some squat thrusts in a cucumber patch! This man goes out of his way to help many members on this site and many others and he knows what he is talkin bout period!!!!! :rockon

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The average hp over the rpm range seen during second gear is 20rwhp higher when making the 1-2 shift at 7k as opposed to 6200.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Todd you have a lot of patience.

Preload the drive train

A quick feather dump and mash the gas! I wish I had heard a launch explained like that. When I was first slipping the clutch hard I would ride the clutch out far too long. When you slip it hard to get out of a complete stop then let it go, the car bolts forward. I only figured that out last time I was at the track but didn't have a run after I really got it. I may have been able to get into the 1.8s with these Nitro 555Rs instead of high 1.9s. If you just drop the clutch from 4000 you'll just spin and won't get your best 60'.

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
not to be nosy but how old are your kids ? i have two girls 8 and a 12yr old son ,and im sure they would say that about me

White96svt

Established Member

Shift faster?? Because the speed of which you shift will greatly change the rpm range the next gear will pick up at?

I guess theres no need to re-gear a transmission, just shift faster. You sir are full of retard.

Todd, the way you've handled this knowledgeless clown has been priceless!! Thanks for the actual factual knowledge that you've provided to our community.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Oh, ya don't say. More power at 7,000 then 4,000. You are a book of wisdom sir.

Lol. NA SVT is a book if wisdom. If you have been in this section for any amount of time you would know this. This dude has helped more people make there cars faster then you have posts.

LilBerx

Established Member
4.30-4.56 gears with some slicks and learn to drive. Best advice ever for b headed cobra.

You sir, have the best advice, I thought 4.10's were going to be too low... I was wrong, I should have done 4.30's.

The dyno sheet they posted is of my 97, with an off-road h pipe, MMR IMRC deletes, alum driveline, 410's, and a k&n drop in filter.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Preload the drive train

The man has ya covered. ;)

jj98cobra

Established Member
I get too excited sometimes and end up with 60ft. Burnouts. Every once in a while I get a nice launch. Unfortunately my trans is worth less than a crushed soda can in terms of gear changing ability. Todd you are the man.

Users who are viewing this thread