Tinted Tail Lights

ModsAway

Established Member
I did a search and found a few threads with quite a number of people that are happy with nino's tail light stick on tint...

My question, has anyone here got the 50% smoked tint from http://www.autobadges.com/vinyldecals/ ???

I don't want mine to be completely blacked out but at the same time I don't want to buy an inferior product. Does nino sell 50% smoked tint? They don't list it on their webpage.

Thanks.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I think that those are the exact same thing Nino Sells. Even the pics are similar, if not the same. :shrug:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I think that those are the exact same thing Nino Sells. Even the pics are similar, if not the same. :shrug:

I agree. But thanks for posting a link to that site because I just ordered the ones for the ghey looking side reflectors on the back bumper cover. I think they are the same reflectors that were on my huffy when I was 10.

ModsAway

Established Member
It is likely and very possible that the black out tint is the same as Nino sells ... so hopefully it is the same quality as well...

Has anyone purchased directly from autobadges.com? I want the 50% smoked ones.
If not... well then I will tell you all what I think if I decide to take my chances anyway.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I wonder how the headlight covers will hold up? They seem to be made of the same material.

micksnip

Established Member
Tint

Jeff-I know Nino via my Stinger purchace, and he's a standup guy. Read that the rear lenses(tinted) sold by X2C warp-some explanation given, but just what ya want-warped rear tinted taillight lenses, right? Hey, those 10.5's and GSD3s look purty good. Hope you can make some MACA events.Micksnip

ModsAway

Established Member
micksnip said:
Jeff-I know Nino via my Stinger purchace, and he's a standup guy. Read that the rear lenses(tinted) sold by X2C warp-some explanation given, but just what ya want-warped rear tinted taillight lenses, right? Hey, those 10.5's and GSD3s look purty good. Hope you can make some MACA events.Micksnip

Well I suppose your personal conversation works well as a TTT... :bash:

mj8

Established Member
The warping of the back lenses is not very noticeable at all if it happens to occur on your setup.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
micksnip said:

Oh, I know, I have bought a few things off of him. I was just wondering about the fron headlight film, and how rocks, or bug impacts would effect it. :beer:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I went with the x2c blackout taillights, they are actually OEM tail lights with some sort of epoxy like tint on them. Had them for over a year now, they look great still and look as good as the stock lights except tinted. No wear problems, no scratch problems, no leak problems. a bit more expensive then stick on tint but thats up to you :)

ps mine dont show any signs of warping.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

ETW said:
Are tail light tints illegal?

typically from my experience no headlight or taillight cover is legal.

I just bought the taillight and rear side marker tint from autobadges. top quality stuff, goes on great. I did a little trimming myself on both. the taillights may not have needed it, but I am pretty picky about things. the side markers needed a lot more trimming.

very good quality product and great customer service. if I remember, everything is done via email/online ordering.

I went with the 50% smoked. The reason is because you can still see red from the lenses, but not nearly as much as stock. you can definitely tell it is tinted and really looks good. like a medium smoke I guess. this will also help to deter cop's since during the day you can still see some red.

Eval95

Established Member
TRBO VNM: Thanks for the order and yes I agree with what you said as well in regards to them 'looking' more regular to law enforcement

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
i went with all the way black.. b/c during the day i roll aroundw ith my fog lights on... so my tail light are on so there not soo dark.. heres a picture...

IMG_0119.jpg

mrose75

Established Member
I want this mod, but I'm way too worried about the warping, anyone got photos of warped lights? mj8, you said it's not that noticable, got pics?

TRBO VNM

I don't understand the warping? are you talking about the factory housings warping or something? how can that happen?

I had these on my 04 for about 15k miles and never had a problem.

mrose75

Established Member
Warping from the heat generated b' the lights combimed with the extra heat drawn/made from the darker tail lamps because of the tint. A few people have experienced it. Maybe not you because your further north, but it 100 degrees of Tx summers, I can understand it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread