Tint Ticket At 11:45 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LILJohnSVT

Established Member
I got a tint ticket the other nite at 11:45 at nite. But it gets better. I was stopped in december by a state trooper for my tint. After checking it with his meter and showing me it was 35% and the law is 40% he said that was with in range. Well he issued me a ticket for my windsheild being completely tinted, which i accected because i know its wrong. Well the other nite i'm coming from the hospital, dad was in there. And i'm cruising along, windows down, radio off, just clearing my mind before i get to work. Well 3 cars pass me because i'm driving slower than the posted speed limit. I see 3 cop cars parked at a gas station, as i pass i see one come flying out. Well i'm thinking he must be after somebody, that somebody was me. Well i pull over and get out and ask him why i was pulled over, he says "Your tint is to dark on the front doors of you vehicle". I then tell him that my windows were down when i passed him and still are. Well he pulls out his meter and checks them, i tell him there 35% because of my previous stop. He says there 15% and when i asked to see the reading on the meter he tells me i have no right to. *removed by moderator - dont circumvent the obscenity filter* Never the less i got $185 tint ticket that i shouldn't have gotten, I was thinking of fighting it, but as everybody knows cops are right and your wrong. Remember your guilty until the judge says your guilty with a fine. He did not run my licesne or look at my insurance. Was this stop even justifieable when i had my windows down?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Well..he did have you roll them up and apparently they did measure too dark...so I dunno what to tell you.

If you really want to fight it go to court and have them read it there in the sun, just hope it's not too dark then.

LILJohnSVT

Established Member
When i was stopped in december it was during the day not the middle of the nite. My windows are very light, i mean you can see right thru them. There is no way they are 15%, my Lightning windows are 5% and they are black. Plus how can one trooper show me his meter reading at 35%, and the other one won't let me see it and say that his shows 15%. Plus how do you explain the reason i was stopped for dark windows when they were down?

Last edited:

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I got a windsheild ticket a week ago he let me go with that and a seatbelt ticket. He let the brake tag slide and the 15% on the side windows. This is after my g/f got a ticket for the windsheild a couple weeks ago. As for your situation dam i dunno how to go about that.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Is your rear window, you know the one that doesnt roll down, tinted? That gives him P.C. It was a perfectly legal stop. Additionally, if the law is 40% transmission and you measured 35% transmission during the first stop, that isnt legal. He just cut you a break. Additionally, if he used a meter, it has its own light source so it doesnt matter what time of day it was measured.

LILJohnSVT

Established Member
Is your rear window, you know the one that doesnt roll down, tinted? That gives him P.C. It was a perfectly legal stop. Additionally, if the law is 40% transmission and you measured 35% transmission during the first stop, that isnt legal. He just cut you a break. Additionally, if he used a meter, it has its own light source so it doesnt matter what time of day it was measured.

Totally understandable from that point of veiw. Thanks FordSVTFan:beer:

STG

Banned
Here's what you see through your super bad-ass tinted rear window:

Tint-rear-window.jpg

Here's what you would see if you were smart enough not to run around with super bad-ass window tint at freakin' midnight:

Air-55-Rear-Window-Dsc_3859.jpg

Please repeat the following in your best Fernando Lamas voice:

"It is better to look good and get tickets than drive fast."

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
i thought your rear window could be any tint? maybe im wrong and cops are just less harsh here?

Moparkidd

Established Member
My father bought a new 2007 sierra crew cab, the back glass and rear windows were tinted, we took it to a guy I know and told him to do the front windows the same, he said he would but its illegal (20%). My explorer sport was the same. In confused could you get in trouble for that?

crew_dawg16

Established Member
My father bought a new 2007 sierra crew cab, the back glass and rear windows were tinted, we took it to a guy I know and told him to do the front windows the same, he said he would but its illegal (20%). My explorer sport was the same. In confused could you get in trouble for that?

Yes, the laws apply to windshield, front side, rear side, and rear windows separately. Most states don't allow any tint on the front side windows.

Moparkidd

Established Member
okay I sorta understand, tint laws are confusing from state to state lol

Invictus

Banned
Where in Louisiana did you get stopped? I'm in Baton Rouge and nobody has ever even talked about getting pulled over for tint. Also, for some reason I thought window tint was a secondary violation meaning you can't be pulled over for it, but it can be added to a speeding, or what not. I just heard that... Or maybe it was exhaust, not sure. Just curious on the location though.

in missouri it was any percentage on the back three (or five if you had an SUV) 35% on the front 2.

in Tennessee...it's 35% front to back.

very few states if any allow windshield tinting, but if they do they are higher than 50%.

IMO...i think the tint laws are a joke. it's just another way to generate revenue, because only a small percentage of traffic stops with a car with tinted windows involve a cop being shot or fatally wounded.

If a cop stops someone, he doesn't know a person wasn't laying down in the rear seat, and folded the rear seat down, and crawled into the trunk and is waiting there and has a gun.

but no matter, my car is tinted and it's staying tinted @ 5%. if I could find 3% I would have it done in 3%.

Moparkidd

Established Member
hahaha...yeah i have heard that the tint thing is secondary also...dont remember where i heard that but i did. anyone know any fact to that?

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
in missouri it was any percentage on the back three (or five if you had an SUV) 35% on the front 2.

in Tennessee...it's 35% front to back.

very few states if any allow windshield tinting, but if they do they are higher than 50%.

IMO...i think the tint laws are a joke. it's just another way to generate revenue, because only a small percentage of traffic stops with a car with tinted windows involve a cop being shot or fatally wounded.

If a cop stops someone, he doesn't know a person wasn't laying down in the rear seat, and folded the rear seat down, and crawled into the trunk and is waiting there and has a gun.

but no matter, my car is tinted and it's staying tinted @ 5%. if I could find 3% I would have it done in 3%.

It's a safety issue for LEO's conducting traffic stops. AND a safety issue for motorists being able to see where they are going. (for front and side windows anyway)

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
It's a safety issue for LEO's conducting traffic stops. AND a safety issue for motorists being able to see where they are going. (for front and side windows anyway)

How DARE you try to confuse mixedbreed with facts?

LILJohnSVT

Established Member
I was pulled over in Leesville, La., by a state trooper. Not for anything else but tint, at least thats all he said he stopped me for. But i have one question for all the LEO's on here. When you stop a vehicle for whatever reason where do you park YOUR car? Behind the stopped vehicle right. You don't park in front, on the side or across the road. So the side windows being tinted means nothing. You are walking up from behind, therefore you CANNOT see in the window until you are right on the window. Even if the window is tinted black or no tint at all you can't see inside until you are onside the vehicle. Wouldn't it be a better law and a much safer law that would state " Any moveable vehicle operating on a public highway with tinted windows MUST exit there vehicle when being stopped by ANY LEO". To me this would be better for both LEO and the driver. But it all goes back to one thing, one person who we elected to represent us does not like or agree with tinted windows so therefore he passed a law denying us of that right. Now nobody can enjoy that privelage because of his dislikes. That being said is just one big money racket, for the states. Pretty soon we will all be driving the same type and color car. I think they are taking some laws to far and taking away our rights.

mongo57988

Established Member
Just my two cents: I work for a local PD here in TN and I stop cars all the time for window tint. Day or night (and yes my cobra has legal tint) I never was a big fan of the tint law before I got into this line of work, and it is a primary offence in TN. SO you can stop just for window tint.

Now I work what we call a "drug zone" and I patrol what we call "projects" so I'm not around good people most of the day. It is a big safety issue I've had people lay down in rear seats, hide drugs, guns, and just about everything else. It "to me anyway" is a valid stop just for window tint. It's a big safety issue for me at least, and I go to work with plans of comming home to my family at the end of the day so everybody gets a window tint ticket.

The good thing about here is we can put the citation into city or state court so if I put it in city court the judge only asks that the tint be removed before court. If the windows are either clear or at legal tint (35%) than he will dismiss the ticket all together no court fee no charge. It really is a saftey issue and not a money thing. Our city has plenty of money, and plenty of drug dealers to take it from.

Just giving my two cents

Dustin

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I was pulled over in Leesville, La., by a state trooper. Not for anything else but tint, at least thats all he said he stopped me for. But i have one question for all the LEO's on here. When you stop a vehicle for whatever reason where do you park YOUR car? Behind the stopped vehicle right. You don't park in front, on the side or across the road. So the side windows being tinted means nothing. You are walking up from behind, therefore you CANNOT see in the window until you are right on the window. Even if the window is tinted black or no tint at all you can't see inside until you are onside the vehicle. Wouldn't it be a better law and a much safer law that would state " Any moveable vehicle operating on a public highway with tinted windows MUST exit there vehicle when being stopped by ANY LEO". To me this would be better for both LEO and the driver. But it all goes back to one thing, one person who we elected to represent us does not like or agree with tinted windows so therefore he passed a law denying us of that right. Now nobody can enjoy that privelage because of his dislikes. That being said is just one big money racket, for the states. Pretty soon we will all be driving the same type and color car. I think they are taking some laws to far and taking away our rights.

You will feel better once you go back on your meds.

For those of you in Louisiana if you have illegal tint you best get it fixed .. starting May the 5th they are really going to start cracking down .. From the KLFY channel 10 website:
Police introduce zero tolerance for illegal window tint.

Posted: April 29, 2008 04:02 AM

If your car has window tint, better make sure it's within the limits of the law.

Starting may 5th Police will begin ticketing motorists with illegal window tint.

Officers are currently enforcing the tint laws, but police say they're starting to crack down even more, because they're seeing a major increase in the number of vehicles with windows too dark to see through clearly.

That's why they're setting a zero tolerance policy for the violation. If you get ticketed it could get pricey.

The first offense is $150 for the second, $250 and if you get ticketed for a third time, you're out $350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread