Tinnitus

allister

Established Member
I've had it in my left ear since I went on a cruise in May of 2015. I don't know at what point it exactly started but I noticed it when I came home, I had ringing in my ear and I was dizzy, almost nauseous. The dizziness went away after a couple of days ( I guess it's a thing to feel like you're swaying on a cruise days after getting off the ship) but the ringing never went away. I am not sure if it was the flight, the cruise, loud speakers on the cruise that I wasn't paying attention to, or a combination of all the above that caused it.

Nothing makes it go away, but I have noticed that sugar makes it worse. Isn't that weird? I think about it often, what is it with the sugar that makes it sound louder? Why doesn't it fully go away when I go days without eating sugar?

I have tried cutting dairy, sugar, went on a mostly vegan diet (not for the tinnitus) and for the most part, eat really clean and healthy. I walk almost daily and lift weights once or twice a week. Nothing makes it better but I do feel pretty awesome since cutting the dairy and meat so I just stuck with it.

I am so used to it, I never notice it until someone brings it up, or if I eat sugar, it will get loud and I'll notice it. I hope they find a cure though in our lifetime. I can't imagine having it in both ears. Lots of 'huh's and 'what's as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread