time to upgrade the gameing system..which one to get???

which system

• PS3

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • XBOX 360

Votes: 36 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
I have officially grown bored of my PS2....the new games out stink and I need to upgrade to either the PS3 or XBOX 360...which one should it be??? I know there are a bunch of gamers in here so feel free to give your opinion on which one you think is better...and no I am not interested in the Wii.:nonono:The main games I play are the one's like GTA, MGS, shoot em' up, sandbox type games, not a big fan of first person shooter. I also will play the occasional sports game. So which one shall it be fella's.:pop:

Last edited:

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I just upgraded my PS2 as well, to a Playstation 3.

However, I voted for the XBox based on the number of games available. No comparison there...yet!

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I'd get the X-box but I just got the kids a big bundle Wii set. It has 7 games and three different controllers.

TRBO VNM

dude, this site really sucks. I tried capitolizing JRSC and it put it in lower case and didn't recognize the emicon I put in. not sure WTF is going on. typical for this place though

gee, go figure, now it works.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
XBOX360, xbox live alone is worth it, PS3 is coming down in price and the blueray is a plus but im really happy with my 360.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
dude, this site really sucks. I tried capitolizing JRSC and it put it in lower case and didn't recognize the emicon I put in. not sure WTF is going on. typical for this place though

gee, go figure, now it works.

yae there is some weird s!@t going on lately.... now everytime I click onto a thread someone has posted up in a post I have to log back in to see it... a couple of times it said thank you for logging in, my online was lit up but I could not post anything because it showed I was not logged in:smmon:...work these bugs out dammit:cuss:

mixxer

Established Member
ps3 because of the blue ray dvd player you get gamer and high def dvd player for same price as just a blue ray player the 40g ps3 doesnt play ps2 games but the 60 g does.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
go 360 man...there are a ton of good games out for the system (halo 3 and bioshock might change your FPS preferences) and xbox live is awesome.

Btw, I know you aren't interested in the Wii...but it IS fun.

SugeMike

Established Member
I'd go 360. I have both ps3 and 360, and ps3 doesnt compare, yet. Ps3 graphics are amazing and its cool all the little things you can do with it, surf the web, install a second os to play pc games on (roms and things like that), and watch movies and listen to music off your networked pc's. The 360, you can do the same except for the whole surfing the web and installing a second os part. Its has lots of games and you can by the optional hd-dvd player for it. My ps3, i use to watch blu-ray movies. Thats about it because just about all the games out for it are on 360 and a majority of people have them for 360. The online for the 360 is badass. I think its about 50 bucks a year and its definitely well worth it. Im sure ps3 will get better as soon as they get some better games for it.
-Mike

AngelOreo

Special
Established Member
I voted for the PS3 simply because you get a Blue ray Player to boot. I also prefer the games that the PS has past and present. I also Hate Microsoft.. so I had to vote against.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
I voted XBOX360. TONS of great games out, Halo3, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War...etc. Plus its more fun to play with the player achievments, it gives you something to play toward when your bored of the regular playing. Xbox Live is the shizzle!

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
360. If your into the whole 1080p craze, note that the ps3 even though has a blue ray that plays 1080p dvds, does not have many games that are casted in 1080. Some of the newer ones do though. Look at the back of the cases, most say 720. Many more games for 360 and most are in 1080i. As for the whole blue ray and hd dvd thing. No one knows whos gonna win out unless they both stay around for a long time in which why does it matter, Some movies go with hd and some with blue ray. The xbox live network is great all in itself even if you have to pay. 50 a year is well worth it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread