Time to really piss off the Track Day Supercar crowd...

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Attachments

• Mustang-GT3.jpeg
    Mustang-GT3.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 109

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
1:25s are moving. You think it will be that fast?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1:25s are moving. You think it will be that fast?
To be competitive in GTD, it'll need to run :25s, that is race pace for the division. And Multimatic will probably build me one without balance-of-power restrictions on HP, so I wouldn't be surprised if I can get it into the :24s.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To be competitive in GTD, it'll need to run :25s, that is race pace for the division. And Multimatic will probably build me one without balance-of-power restrictions on HP, so I wouldn't be surprised if I can get it into the :24s.

I guess I'm just hoping/praying that Ford and Multimatic get it right. Ford has really left the current generation of Mustang teams out in the cold.

This might be my first reason to get rid of my Comp Coupe.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Rear transaxle and SLA.......hmmm, possible glimpse in to the S650 or simply a waiver type exception for the category?

Will this run with the new C8 GT3 cars?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I dont think the 302s is capable of anywhere near sub 1:30. That car is maybe a high 1:30s car.

The real question is how does the GT350 Racecar compare? Probably not as fast as this GT3 car.
The 302S ran 1:36s, and I've run 1:30s in my derestricted Mustang GT4.

The GT3 cars are much quicker - this will compete with the C8 GTD cars.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If I had confidence in anyone making a hopeful prediction and attaining it, it's you. This GT3 car is going to cause a shout-out to Ford and Multimatic. I really believe they'll get this one really right!

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If I had confidence in anyone making a hopeful prediction and attaining it, it's you. This GT3 car is going to cause a shout-out to Ford and Multimatic. I really believe they'll get this one really right!
Look for onboard videos in a couple of years. 24s or 25s, this thing is going to be nasty fast.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Wonder how much of project Silver will be brought into this (probably a lot). Project silver was an early effort to take Mustang to LeMans for the 50th anniv of the win in 1966. This project was scrapped, as it was internally deemed noncompetitive largely because of the aero limitations (frontal surface area for instance). The project that came from these ashes was Phoenix (get it?) which was the code name for the NGT. We all know how that worked out.....

One will have to assume this will be S650 (how could it not be?)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wonder how much of project Silver will be brought into this (probably a lot). Project silver was an early effort to take Mustang to LeMans for the 50th anniv of the win in 1966. This project was scrapped, as it was internally deemed noncompetitive largely because of the aero limitations (frontal surface area for instance). The project that came from these ashes was Phoenix (get it?) which was the code name for the NGT. We all know how that worked out.....

One will have to assume this will be S650 (how could it not be?)
I forgot about all of that..

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
The 302S ran 1:36s, and I've run 1:30s in my derestricted Mustang GT4.

The GT3 cars are much quicker - this will compete with the C8 GTD cars.

I was wondering if you still had that, haven’t heard about it since you got the GT. Will your gt3 also be yellow or maybe run the Gulf colors?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I was wondering if you still had that, haven’t heard about it since you got the GT. Will your gt3 also be yellow or maybe run the Gulf colors?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

My GT4 remains a go-to for track days. It just works, and it's as fast as ever.

I'll have to see the design of the GT3 to come up with a livery. I'm thinking of going more classic Ford blue & white this time around, but let's see...

Users who are viewing this thread