Time to eat the humble pie. iphone coming to Big Red.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I'll be honest. I had the iphone briefly and I really did like it. However, I HATED AT&T. Therefore, I was kinda salty and hated on the phone.

I guess I'm gonna cut myself a big ole slice of humble pie because I'm sure I'll end up buying a Verizon iphone. Official announcement expected today during a press conference which will mainly feature the Apple tablet/iSlate.

A couple weeks ago Apple announced a partnership with Google and 5 upcoming Android devices, likely prepping for the loss of the Apple contract.

Analysts estimate production to start in March with a scheduled June release date which is when ATT's exclusive contract expires.

I think an Apple developed phone will have so much more success on a network that can actually handle the potential of such a device.

One of many articles here:
Verizon iPhone unveiling next week? - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Brainstorm Tech

Last edited:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I had Verizon for 5 years and only switched to ATT for the iphone. I never once, not ONCE had a problem with verizon. As soon as I switched to ATT its always something. I've never had so many dropped calls it's rediculous.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is an upside to AT&T's network vs. Verizon. I was an AT&T customer for about 4 years and recently went back to Verizon (from an iPhone 3G to HTC Eris (Android). While Verizon does have better national coverage, their 3G is not as good as AT&T's as far as speed. I do, though, like Verizon better overall.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I would own the iPhone if this happens. I never felt the phone was worth switching to such a P.O.S service like AT&T.

Seems like there will be quite a few more iphone users if this switch happens. Apple should have done it a long time ago.

The only thing I really like about the iphone is the response to touch. If I could get such a quick and constant response from my Droid, I'd keep it forever. It's fast, but can get laggy every once in a while. Plus, iphone has apps for almost every business. I can't wait for things to start picking up with Android.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My AT&T service has always been great, and my phone is fast. Verizon around here sucks. I guess it just depends on where you live.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
My AT&T service has always been great, and my phone is fast. Verizon around here sucks. I guess it just depends on where you live.

+1...finally broke down and got an Iphone last weekend. Haven't had any issues with my AT&T service, and I smoked my friend on his Verizon Blackberry looking up movie times lol

LaFlavor

Established Member
I still don't see the big deal about the iphone. I guess when it first came out, since it was pretty much the only game in town, but now my android phone does all the same stuff, and has a real keyboard, and has a better screen, and has a faster processor, and the browser has flash, and it has theft protection. What am I missing here?

stangposse

Established Member
There is an upside to AT&T's network vs. Verizon. I was an AT&T customer for about 4 years and recently went back to Verizon (from an iPhone 3G to HTC Eris (Android). While Verizon does have better national coverage, their 3G is not as good as AT&T's as far as speed. I do, though, like Verizon better overall.

........and it will only get faster when the exodus to Verizon starts. I've been lucky with AT&T. I was a Cingular customer and I never had a dropped call until about 2 weeks ago (Iphone) and that was the only one.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to use the phone while you are talking on it? I never thought that mattered, but now that I got the taste of it, its a MUST HAVE option.

LSUstang05

Established Member

Same here. The ONLY problem I have with AT&T is on football game days here at LSU. You can't get any service on game days, even with all of their repeater/booster trucks put on campus. To be fair, my friends with Verizon don't have any service either. The only company with any service on game days in baton rouge is T-Mobile (sometimes I wish I wouldn't have switched from T-Mobile over to AT&T just because of that).

50 Proof

Established Member
Does anyone know if you'll be able to use the phone while you are talking on it? I never thought that mattered, but now that I got the taste of it, its a MUST HAVE option.

Verizon and Sprint networks aren't capable of talk and data simultaneously. It's not that Verizon doesn't allow it, it's that they aren't capable of supporting it.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member

+1. few of my friends have verizon and get no signal in our area but at&t works just fine. hope to get an I-phone in the next few months as I hope the prices drop.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
AT&T is the only reason I dont have an iphone. If Verizon does pick up the iphone I'll finally get one of my own! Hope it works out!

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
If Apple does release an Iphone for the Verizon, the phone will be completely different. I doubt it will look the same inside and out.

Users who are viewing this thread