Time for UCA/LCAs. Can I get some advice?

Quad4_72

Established Member
So I am ready to actually put the power to the wheels. Any suggestions on what set up I should get?

Quad4_72

Established Member
I was thinkin the whiteline adjustables. Had any experience with those? They got great reviews.

BMR Tech

So I am ready to actually put the power to the wheels. Any suggestions on what set up I should get?

I am very bias towards our product line, but on occasion I do recommend people to other companies depending on their needs.

Looking at your Sig, I think it would be best to do something like our TCA021 LCA with a spherical bearing on the axle side, and a poly on the chassis side. Our standard poly that comes with the LCA should work fine, BUT...since you have a manual trans and a poweradder, I could throw in a set of our Elastomer Bushings at no charge. Those have been load and impact tested above and beyond any other bushing that I know of, available in the majority of the suspension pieces you will find for your car. We have spent over two years working with Super Pro on the development of them.

Due to the FRPP Springs, I also highly recommend our CAB005 LCA Relocation Brackets. These will be one of the best modifications you can do at this point.

For the UCA, I am a huge fan of our UTCA033 UCA. It is a bearing...but due to it's superior design, it really isn't too bad in terms of NVH. It is, without a doubt, the best UCA available for an S197 Mustang. We took our S197 UCA design and simply improved upon it. The above poster had mentioned the Team Z / Cobra Jet suspension - well, that UCA and Mount in that system is basically a duplicate of our system, that we had offered years before the Cobra Jet Program was developed. There is a reason that whoever chose to do it, acquired our parts and replicated them.

If you do not want the harshness of an "aftermarket" UCA system, then I would just go with the Roush UCA System. They work well.

So basically, here is what I recommend.

NVH no concern:
BMR-TCA021 (LCA - and I will throw in some elasto bushings for ya)
BMR-CAB005 (LCA Relos - I suggest starting in the middle position)
BMR-UCM002 (UCA Mount - Use the Upper Position)
BMR-UTCA033 (Adjustable UCA with 1" Spherical Bearing)
VIK-B226 (Viking Double Adjustable Shocks, Pair - MUST HAVE ON HIGH POWERED STICK CAR)

NVH is of concern:
Roush UCA System
VIK-B226 (Viking Double Adjustable Shocks, Pair - MUST HAVE ON HIGH POWERED STICK CAR)

I have more customers running 1.3 sixty foot times with manual transmissions, than anyone else. I know how to make them work. If you have any questions about our components, or your plans in general, LMK!

Quad4_72

Established Member
I am very bias towards our product line, but on occasion I do recommend people to other companies depending on their needs.

Looking at your Sig, I think it would be best to do something like our TCA021 LCA with a spherical bearing on the axle side, and a poly on the chassis side. Our standard poly that comes with the LCA should work fine, BUT...since you have a manual trans and a poweradder, I could throw in a set of our Elastomer Bushings at no charge. Those have been load and impact tested above and beyond any other bushing that I know of, available in the majority of the suspension pieces you will find for your car. We have spent over two years working with Super Pro on the development of them.

Due to the FRPP Springs, I also highly recommend our CAB005 LCA Relocation Brackets. These will be one of the best modifications you can do at this point.

For the UCA, I am a huge fan of our UTCA033 UCA. It is a bearing...but due to it's superior design, it really isn't too bad in terms of NVH. It is, without a doubt, the best UCA available for an S197 Mustang. We took our S197 UCA design and simply improved upon it. The above poster had mentioned the Team Z / Cobra Jet suspension - well, that UCA and Mount in that system is basically a duplicate of our system, that we had offered years before the Cobra Jet Program was developed. There is a reason that whoever chose to do it, acquired our parts and replicated them.

If you do not want the harshness of an "aftermarket" UCA system, then I would just go with the Roush UCA System. They work well.

So basically, here is what I recommend.

NVH no concern:
BMR-UCM002 (UCA Mount - Use the Upper Position)
BMR-UTCA033 (Adjustable UCA with 1" Spherical Bearing)

NVH is of concern:
Roush UCA System

I have more customers running 1.3 sixty foot times with manual transmissions, than anyone else. I know how to make them work. If you have any questions about our components, or your plans in general, LMK!

THIS was the exact information I was looking for. This kind of customer service alone has me sold on your parts. I am busy with work the next few days but I will absolutely be getting in contact with you about these parts. Thank you so much for the information!

evil281

Established Member
Check my sig, Bmr rocks. I can hook like crazy, vmp coming soon, can't wait to see how it goes with more power. I did the suspension first, power will be second for me.

RiskyRick

Established Member
The above poster had mentioned the Team Z / Cobra Jet suspension - well, that UCA and Mount in that system is basically a duplicate of our system, that we had offered years before the Cobra Jet Program was developed. There is a reason that whoever chose to do it, acquired our parts and replicated them.

Wow. Just wow.

Users who are viewing this thread