Time for pulley - few ?'s

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
OK so i want to get the billitflow 2.93 with the idler. first. Were is a good place to get it online?...link to item would be awsome. second. After install u know i need a tune done with some dyno pulls, but what programmer should i get. I just want to add some fuel tell i can get it on the dyno...link would once again be great. Any response of questions are appriciated.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
THERE ARE MANY DIFF ANSWERS TO THE SAME QUESTION, EVERYONE WILL HAVE DIFF THOUGHT ON TUNER OR PROGRAMER, I HAVE 2.8 PULLEY , SORRY, BUT I HAVE LONG FORGOTTEN WHERE I GOT IT. I HAVE SPECIAL FORCES TUNING, WWW.SNIPERTUNING.COM I AM PLEASED WITH IT, I DO HAVE AEM WIDEBAND O2 SENSOR TO MONITOR. BUT YOU WILL GET 45 DIFF OPPINIONS. GOODLUCK:-D

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Order your Billetflow pulley directly from Doug@Billetflow, great guy and A+++ customer service. http://www.billetflow.com/
While you are at it, you should invest in his IRS diff. cover brace, that was my first mod. It is that important!! Ask anyone on this board!!

Personally, I like SCT. The SCT Xcal2 is a great programmer and will work for what you are trying to do. It is used for dyno tuning and can hold a few tunes in it. It costs $399.99, however, whichever tuner you decide to go with that is an SCT dealer will usually cut you a deal. I am not familiar with too many tuners in your region but I know Jon Lund is in cali and does good work on tuning cars. Otherwise, RWTD, ATS, HBH*, and so forth.

Goodluck.

Last edited:

OmahaStang

Established Member
I'm in thes same boat as you KJ. I'm leaning towards the 2.8 though. I'm also researching which programmer to go with also. (sct or predator) Along with what shop do I trust to do this and 'tune' it.
Agree with the above post too in regards to diff brace. (I need that too)

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Go with 2.8 pulley, SCT programmer, Gaterback 73.5 belt - no idler, and dyno tune. Way more power than street radials can handle!! Numbers in sig.

KJ Hoppus

Black2k3svt
Established Member
OK 2.93 from Doug. Im getting the idler aswell. And SCT it is. Who has the best price on the SCT?

BTW the diff brace is in the plans.

Thanks for the input guys!!!

OmahaStang

Established Member
thanks

zinc03svt said:
Go with 2.8 pulley, SCT programmer, Gaterback 73.5 belt - no idler, and dyno tune. Way more power than street radials can handle!! Numbers in sig.

Thanks for the info above. This is the combo that I'll probably end up with. Now I just gotta search for a tuner in the area.

Also gotta thank KJ for i'm in the same boat as you!!

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Some can run a 2.93 without belt slippage and an extra $200 isnt going to help you. I happen to be one who didnt get a idler and have no belt slippage with a belt that is an inch shorter then stock.

Has far as programmers just buy whatever your tuner uses. My tuner uses both SCT and Diablo Sport. I already had a predetor( came with the car) so I just used it. I like that diablo as data logging, but My tuner says that they prefer to use the SCT as they feel its is better. I used SCT in my lightning and liked it. So just buy from who ever is going to tune your car.

Mine made 480/480 at the wheels with a 2.93(no idler), JLT cold air, full exhaust(no cats), and tuned by MD motorsports with the predetor.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
No idler? Why not?

Why add more drag to your engine if you do not need it? If you had the choice of running an engine belt through 15 idlers or only 7 (example only) which would you choose??

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
zinc03svt said:
Why add more drag to your engine if you do not need it? If you had the choice of running an engine belt through 15 idlers or only 7 (example only) which would you choose??

Point taken, but @ the same time (my case) losing a few psi of boost up top is taking away from a lot of RWHP... That was my cure to belt slip because the belt itself wasn't enough!

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:

Point taken, but @ the same time (my case) losing a few psi of boost up top is taking away from a lot of RWHP... That was my cure to belt slip because the belt itself wasn't enough!

Run a half inch smaller belt - see it that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread