time for me to let go! the mystic is going bye bye!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I'm going to jump in here where I probably shouldn't....but that hasn't stopped me before. First sckcobra, I am NOT trying to flame you or come down on you in any way. But I honestly believe you may be over reacting here. You had some horrible luck with the transportation damage. And you are currently going through some mechanical problems now. Honestly, selling the car just because you are having this problem is being unrealistic in your expectations. You have modded the car extensivly and it's perfectly normal to have bugs to work out. It's also not unreasonable to expect to have to perform maintenance and repairs on any car that is capable of that kind of horsepower. If you want a relatively maintenance and problem free vehicle, get a V6 Mustang...because anything more is going to have issues from time to time. It's not just the Cobra, I see many other cars...F bodies, Corvettes, etc. that ALL go through the same things you are when they are extensively modded. It's part of the game. If you are unwilling or unable to abide by those kinds of issues, then you should sell the car because ANYTHING you mod will give you grief like this. I honestly believe your expectations are way too high. I have read all your threads and have sympathy for what you have gone through. I wish you the best and hope you set your expectations to a more realistic level and keep the car and enjoy it. You won't find anything else out there that will give you the bang for the buck...nor be anymore maintenance and problem free. We will miss having you around here.

stangkid

Established Member
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :beer:
FireRed04Vert said:
I'm going to jump in here where I probably shouldn't....but that hasn't stopped me before. First sckcobra, I am NOT trying to flame you or come down on you in any way. But I honestly believe you may be over reacting here. You had some horrible luck with the transportation damage. And you are currently going through some mechanical problems now. Honestly, selling the car just because you are having this problem is being unrealistic in your expectations. You have modded the car extensivly and it's perfectly normal to have bugs to work out. It's also not unreasonable to expect to have to perform maintenance and repairs on any car that is capable of that kind of horsepower. If you want a relatively maintenance and problem free vehicle, get a V6 Mustang...because anything more is going to have issues from time to time. It's not just the Cobra, I see many other cars...F bodies, Corvettes, etc. that ALL go through the same things you are when they are extensively modded. It's part of the game. If you are unwilling or unable to abide by those kinds of issues, then you should sell the car because ANYTHING you mod will give you grief like this. I honestly believe your expectations are way too high. I have read all your threads and have sympathy for what you have gone through. I wish you the best and hope you set your expectations to a more realistic level and keep the car and enjoy it. You won't find anything else out there that will give you the bang for the buck...nor be anymore maintenance and problem free. We will miss having you around here.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :beer:

sckcobra

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
i totally agree with you. the problem is that i just dont have the patience anymore. it also doesnt help that there is absolutely no one in my area that i trust to do anything. if i lived next door to herman, well my car would probably be running fine right now. but i dont. it still continues to amaze me with all the car enthusiasts in california that us cobra guys dont have a shop thats worth two shits. that proably has more to do with it than anything.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not to discourage you, but selling it here might be a bit difficult with the car's history. It's a shame you want to sell it after all you've put into it, but I do understand your frustration with the issues you've dealt with. In hindsight, I would venture to say that you would have been better off with a near-stock Cobra in the 420-430rwhp range. With mods that would be very easy to live with day to day, and with a minimal amount of hassle. I would strongly suggest that if you buy another muscle car keep it near stock. Having a powerful muscle car can be a blessing and a curse at times, and if you can't be patient during the times of breakage/repair you'll not be a happy owner. Best of luck with the car. I genuinely hope you don't lose a lot of money on the sale.

P.S. - Great comments by FireRed04Vert!

trendkilllx

Established Member
I thought about selling mine but found a dealer (mechanic) that can be trusted and am only running 410 hp or so with street tires. Have had trans out 5 times with TOB replacement, but think they finally fixed it right after almost replacing everything. Also dealer rebuilt entire axle assembly as it was a bit noisy and backlash was about 2-3 times what it should have been. Other things fixed under warranty, passenger seatbelt replace, AC compressor, seat track, radio, steering creak. Guess not quite as fun as a 500hp cobra but still quicker than a lot of cars out here.

sckcobra

Established Member
yeah i understand what you guys are saying. i mean like i said the biggest part of this thing is that i dont feel that there is a shop that i could just drop it off and say fix it! then send me the bill. i mean in my eyes i feel like i would be getting screwed one way or another, either the shop not being as competent as they think they are, or taking advantage of me monetarily. i mean if i had total trust in faith then i wouldnt hesitate for one second to do that.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
There are several shops in socal that are trust worthy and do good work. you're just too stubborn and tunnelvisioned to realize it. Pfabrication Motorsports, MMR and Superior Automotive are all shop's I'd trust.

sckcobra

Established Member
you think so huh? i suppose that i why you got a mail order tune from herman? people see what they want to see and as i see it any group of people there are three categories, a small percentage of really good ones, a whole lot of mediocre, and a whole lot of shity ones. you supported shawn ellis at one time too, remember that? and it took him blowing up your car to realize that he is a ***in moron. when you get ****ed a few more times like i have then i think youll start to see it differently.

Users who are viewing this thread