• jeep wrangler

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • other

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nxhappy

Established Member
what would you guys pay for a higher mileage 120-140k Lightning ?

Machdup1

Established Member
In your shoes, I choose the lightning, but the SRT/10 would be a great choice as well. Every time I get out of the L at a gas station, somebody wants to talk to me about it, well, at least when it’s clean. I use it as a daily driver. It’s comfortable, drives easy and has enough power to be fun.

Just remember that 14 yo trucks need attention and work.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
7.3L is the one to get. Keep a few spare Crank and Cam sensors in the cab and a 10mm socket. Other than that not much goes wrong on em. The 6.0 can be made reliable, but unless you don't mind diving in, a 7.3 is where its at.

Plenty of vids out there of full ton diesel trucks and SUVs smoking (figuratively and literally) fast cars. :D :D :D

nxhappy

Established Member
7.3L is the one to get. Keep a few spare Crank and Cam sensors in the cab and a 10mm socket. Other than that not much goes wrong on em. The 6.0 can be made reliable, but unless you don't mind diving in, a 7.3 is where its at.

Plenty of vids out there of full ton diesel trucks and SUVs smoking (figuratively and literally) fast cars. :D :D :D
yea I know the 7.3 is super solid. But shit diesel right now is same price as 91 !

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I love the lightning's. I'm pissed I never owned one. But the viper trucks are awesome and it has a 6 speed manual. Unless I found a sonic blue or DSG lightning I would buy a viper truck.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
upload_2018-7-17_15-11-53.png

upload_2018-7-17_15-12-48.png

If all else was equal in terms of price/performance/reliability.. I feel like the Dodge can't touch the L in the looks dept. Classier looking Truck imo.

john11gt

Established Member
I’d got with a Dakota r/t. Mini truck with a 360 from the factory.

From those options, lightning. Even if just for the fact it sounds better.

Twisted2v

Established Member
I'm sticking with the coyote truck with the blower as my opinion.

The age of the Lightning could easily mean just the car repairs will be the same price as a car payment.

The s/c coyote will at least add some resale value. The lightning mods will be just as expensive and devalue it.

nxhappy

Established Member
I'm sticking with the coyote truck with the blower as my opinion.

The age of the Lightning could easily mean just the car repairs will be the same price as a car payment.

The s/c coyote will at least add some resale value. The lightning mods will be just as expensive and devalue it.
coyote truck is over $20k, plus the $6000 SC, plus other mods needed. I'm trying to stay within 10-20k max.

nxhappy

Established Member
I had a bad ass stepside, but it wasn't the L.

I loved that truck. Only thing I hated was the leather.

nxhappy

Established Member
gawd some of these guys in CA are smoking crack with their high mileage beat up L's

Users who are viewing this thread