Tie rod puller

termin8rdsg

Established Member
What do you guys recommend? The one from ford or is there another company that you guys have used. Also I messed up the rubber piece which covers up the grease fitting. It's no longer on the car. Do you guys recommend that I need new tie rods, outer or inner or complete set? Can I buy this rubber piece somewhere else? Will I need an alignment?

Thanks!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
You can find the puller in any local auto parts store.

The rubber dust boot is available through companys like Energy Suspension.

312ck5h.jpg

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
You can get replacement tie rod grease caps from Maximum Motorsports. If you are using the OEM tie rod, keeping grease in there is a good idea so I'd definately replace them. You may be able to get them from Ford, too. Tousley Ford is a great source for cheap OEM stuff.

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
You can knock it loose yourself with no tool needed. Take bolt loose and then with a rubber mallet or someting that wont scar the spindle, hit the spidle on side where the rod connects and then 20 secs later it pops right off, easy!

Tractionless1

Established Member
Take off the castle nut, flip it over, and hit it with a 8lb. hammer, comes out easily and you're going to throw it out anyway. Put the new unit in and I use a pneumatic air gun to tighten/pull through.

Users who are viewing this thread