Tial QR BOV

Chances50

Established Member
Anyone running one on there Centri blower setup?
I had a Tial Q and decided it was annoying so i thought id swap to the R which is the exact same BOV but recirculates instead of VTO, whe i swapped to the QR i started having comressor surge, i have the 3psi spring, right size vac line going to manifold, ive watched it while the car is running and its fully open at idle operates as it should just isnt flowing enough air to keep my blower from surging. I have a V2 SC with a 3.12 pulley with the Q i was seeing 11lbs, now with the QR im only see ing 9, i have no leaks anywhere ive checked and double checked.

I lost as to what i should do next? Ive talked to tial they said the QR should easily support my setup.

JP_Stang

Established Member
The strangest part is you losing boost?? That doesn't make sense in itself. The surge just sounds like the QR just can't keep up.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'll bet the spring isn't holding so it's flutting.. making it sound like it's surging.. Just a thought. :D

Chances50

Established Member
Well the boost issue was a clamp that broke replaced it and it's building boost like it should.

JP_Stang

Established Member
That's what I think is the problem. I wouldn't go with anything smaller than a 50mm. I am not sure if they make one that recirculates tho?.. How big is the hose your using to reroute to your intake?

I wonder if that hose was too long, or not big enough, would that cause issues? Maybe causing too much restriction for the air coming out of the BOV to make it to the intake fast enough causing just enough back pressure that the air can't escape quick enough to relieve all the pressure out of the system. I could be way off, but I am just talking (typing) out loud. Just a thought....

Chances50

Established Member
I never hooked the return hose back to the intake left it open for my test run and discovered the surging.

Contacted Tial today they are trading me my QR lower half for a Q lower.

Users who are viewing this thread