Throttle position sensor ???????

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Well I just got done installing my zex kit in the cobra. While I was activating it I noticed the solenoids were not turning on. I have everything hooked up the right way.

Something I found odd was my Throttle Position Sensor Cable always reads 5 volts I was under the impression it was supposed to read 0 then at WOT it should read 5 volts:shrug:.

Has anyone ever had this problem and what should I do to fix it????? I just want this kit to work the right way the first time I give it a go:pepper::pepper:.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Al

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
I believe the middle wire is the one you should be hooked up to.

I guess I'm going to try and just switch the wires around but thats the only wire thats has any voltage output. The others are at zero and stay at zero even at WOT.

This one is at 5 volts just sitting there and stays the same at WOT (5 volts).

Any Ideas?????:shrug::shrug:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Middle wire should be .97 or so at idle position and 5v at WOT.

One will be 5v all the time as it is the power supply wire.
Can't remember the 3rd.

The middle is the one you want and if it isn't .97-5v then the TPS may be FUBARED.
Put a volt meter on the middle, turn the key on and then sweep the throttle from closed to WOT very slowly and make sure the voltage climbs.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Middle wire should be .97 or so at idle position and 5v at WOT.

One will be 5v all the time as it is the power supply wire.
Can't remember the 3rd.

The middle is the one you want and if it isn't .97-5v then the TPS may be FUBARED.
Put a volt meter on the middle, turn the key on and then sweep the throttle from closed to WOT very slowly and make sure the voltage climbs.

Damn I even broke out my manual and it said one of the outside (top wire) wires was the output wire. I know for sure that its not hooked into the middle wire. This is why I freaken hate work. I should be fixing this crap right now. Stampede I appreciate the info. I'm going to hook it in to the middle wire and see what happens.

Oh and the key is on the on position. And at this point it looks like if this dosen't work I might have to put in a new TPS. I've never had any problems with it though.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Thanks for the help. I was hooked into the wrong wire. Everything is good now. Here are some pics. I know its not the best but it was my first install. I think it came out okay.

IMG_6520.jpg

This is the side view
IMG_6522-1.jpg

This is were I mounted the nitrous management unit
IMG_6527.jpg

IMG_6529-1.jpg

The bottle really didnt fit straight so I had to put it at an angle. I'm no too worried about it though.
IMG_6532.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread