Throttle Linkage Loose after Accufab TB

jfclague

Established Member
Anyone install the Accufab Throttle Body and have the throttle linkage real loose?

I installed my TB but the throttle linkage is really loose. I checked the linkage before with the stock TB but it wasn't loose at all. You can only back the set screw so far and it is still reall loose.

Anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by jfclague
Anyone install the Accufab Throttle Body and have the throttle linkage real loose?

I installed my TB but the throttle linkage is really loose. I checked the linkage before with the stock TB but it wasn't loose at all. You can only back the set screw so far and it is still reall loose.

Anyone have any idea on this?

Thanks

i would like to know as well.a buddy of mine has his on and it is perfect no slack in the linkage.

jfclague

Established Member
Spoke to Accufab last night and they said they have never heard of this problem. They said they would exchange it but I will be without my car for at least a week, probably more. You think when you spend $600 it would work. Oh well.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
That is one thing that pisses me off about some of these vendors. Solve the damn problem!!!! You don't wanna take the part off, put the old one on, ship it, wait for it, take the old one off, install the new one and hope the problem is gone!!! What a pain in the ass. Oh well, new car, new products, what should we expect? I just want this "Bolt On" stuff to work right!

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
That is one thing that pisses me off about some of these vendors. Solve the damn problem!!!! You don't wanna take the part off, put the old one on, ship it, wait for it, take the old one off, install the new one and hope the problem is gone!!! What a pain in the ass. Oh well, new car, new products, what should we expect? I just want this "Bolt On" stuff to work right!

It really is not worth getting "pissed off." There will always be variances in any mechanical device. Better to take it in stride and constructively channel energy toward finding solutions.

I have had no problem whatsoever with my Accufab TB. jfclague was tinkering with "the set screw" which comes from Accufab "factory set." There are very specific instructions NOT to screw with the screws. So we really don't know who is responsible for this "issue." Also he doesn't "have to be without his car for a week" if he reinstalls the OEM TB.

jfclague

Established Member
Originally posted by Annihil8or
I have had no problem whatsoever with my Accufab TB. jfclague was tinkering with "the set screw" which comes from Accufab "factory set." There are very specific instructions NOT to screw with the screws. So we really don't know who is responsible for this "issue." Also he doesn't "have to be without his car for a week" if he reinstalls the OEM TB.

I actually only messed with the set screw because it would work correctly when I installed it. I know they said don't mess with it but I was trying to fix the excessive slack. Hopefully, the next one will work.

I have a second car I drive during the week so my baby will only be sitting in my garage.

03DOHC

Established Member
I just installed my accufab tb yesterday. No slack period. Throttle is open NOW.:-D Me likes.

Why don't you just put the stock one back on? Not that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread