Throttle hang / high oil pressure????

SVTContique

So lately my throttle has been hanging on the cobra, like ill be driving around and it drives normally but sometimes i feel like something "clicks in" and then if i clutch in the clutch hangs at 2000rpms for 1-2 seconds and then it drops down to 750.

I also noticed that when i was stopped my oil pressure was a bit high, like 45psi instead of the normal 35ish.

Any ideas what it could be?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
mine does the same...it is a continous battle between the IAC, the TPS voltage and some other crap...it is quite annoying, i cant see your oil pressure rise causing this though.

96dreamer

Established Member
mien does the same, ive found if i rev it up about 2,500 rpm it will drop down to about 900 idle. Mine wont drop on its own for a minute or two. SO i have the choice of idling at about 2 grand at every stop light or looking like a tool and revving at every stop light lol

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I'd take it to a shop with a smoke tester to see if you have a vacuum leak.

You might want to clean your IACV.

If you really want to pursue it, find someone with an Xcal and datalog your RPM, vehicle speed, ISC integrator, ISC duty cycle, Spark source, fuel source, LTFTS, STFTs, battery voltage, Load and ECT while the hanging happens. Post the log and I'll look at it to see what it tells us.

No clue on the oil pressure.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
mien does the same, ive found if i rev it up about 2,500 rpm it will drop down to about 900 idle. Mine wont drop on its own for a minute or two. SO i have the choice of idling at about 2 grand at every stop light or looking like a tool and revving at every stop light lol

im the exact same! ur not alone lol

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If you are still rolling over 3MPH and push in clutch it is designed to raise the idle to help the hydroboost system. (Dashpot mode) After that it should idle down.

As said, they almost all have issues.

It could be IAC and/or TPS.
Mine got better after the tune as he did some adjustments to the Dashpot decay IIRC.

SVT Pille

Established Member
My best advice is just to bring it to your tuner and have them figure it out. Once you start modding it's hard to get a perfect idle (my 5.0 is the same way) but once it was on the dyno and he could see all the voltages from the IAC TPS etc. in real time we got it as close to perfect as possible.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
If you have a tune, then there is a lot the tuner can do, as SVT Pille says, including datalogging to help figure out what the root cause is if it is mechanical.

However, in these cars, (LLX3 & LLX4 tunes), the TPS voltage is not that critical. The PCM learns the throttle position, which is why logging TPS Relative is more relevant than logging TPS Absolute is.

In our tunes, the idle control system is very complex. The coarse idle control is done using air via the IAC valve. The fine idle control is done using spark advance.

Unless you have a vacuum leak, a binding throttle cable and/or a dirty/bad IACV, you are just shooting in the dark trying to debug idle issues without datalogging.

SVTContique

Ill try cleaning the IACV, It seems to do it worse in bad weather so im guessing its my tune more than anything. Ill take it out tomorrow and see how it is in the sunny weather.

If its not that ill have my tuner look at it, when i had the car tuned a couple of years ago i had a similar issue and he fixed it pretty good... maybe ill try reloading the tune again... pcm's are stupid like that.

Users who are viewing this thread