Threw 2 Codes P0430 & P0420 Today

Danny281

Established Member
I just got my Mach 1 today and I drove it a bit, while I was on the highway the check engine light came on. I dont have my SCT X3 anymore because I sold it to the guy who bought my GT :( so I went to autozone to check what code it was throwing. It was the following 2:

P0430 & P0420, I am wondering do you guys think its because it has a MAC Offroad X- Pipe or should I be looking elsewhere to find out what it can be? What do you guy suggest I do or look for?

When I had the SCT X3 for my GT I turned of the rear O2's on my SLP catted X-Pipe but since I don't have the tuner anymore what do you guys suggest I do and do you even think its due to the off road X?

Danny281

Established Member
The owner said he has MIL's on there but he said they never worked do you think this is still an issue with the off-road X or something else? Anyone?

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I'm not 100% sure which code my Mach threw when I slapped the off road x on but it did throw a code. I cleared it with my tuner.

Danny281

Established Member
Did my own custom MIL's with some capacitors and resistors and it cleared the code at least it hasnt come back on yet it only cost me $12 for the parts at Radio Shack. A friend from MM showed me a site on how to get it done. I did it after work today and took it for a 10 mile drive everything seems fine no CEL. :thumbsup:

EDIT WENT FOR A DRIVE AND THE CEL CAME BACK ON :(

Last edited:

Danny281

Established Member
I redid the work yesterday and I went to get the emissions sticker and it didnt pass even though the CEL is off, yet I still had to pay for it. I have 15 days to go back and do what I have to do to get it to pass and they wont charge me again. The previous owner told me if I disconnected the negative cable on the battery on the Mach when I did this, that I need to drive it approximately 60 miles and the adaptive values will clear the the codes as it goes through the drive cycle. He said I just need to drive the Mach at various speed for about 60 miles then it should be ready. He told me he went to school for that and hasn't lied to me about anything yet so I believe him and thats also what the guy at the tire shop told me I needed to do. He stated I needed to drive it around a bit then come back. So I am hoping this will fix the problem because the check engine light is off after re-doing the work. I also made the O2's longer with 20 gauge bundled wire since the without the defective MILs it had on it the O2's were too short to connect with to the harness. I also threw on some automotive wire cover on it to protect the work.

c480a321.jpg

cd09dce0.jpg

d790cb8e.jpg

44d01929.jpg

f585a42e.jpg

1a5c55ac.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread