Thread for people with road rage

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I hate it when driving down a road with 1 lane in each direction, people will drive 30-40mph in a 55, and when a passing lane opens up, they floor it to 70 mph so no one can pass. Then when the passing lane merges back in, they hit the brakes back down to 30 mph.

lastcall190

Established Member
I swear to God, I tell my 5 year old boy religiously...two of the hardest things in life to do. Work in fast food and drive. Because no matter what everyone gets this shit wrong.

I can't remember where I heard it, but lane merging on the highway, turns into a total snafu. If you have people just walking say in a hallway, and at the end there is ONE door, there might be some blank stares but by and large, you won't wait forty minutes to get through the goddamn door. Same concept driving and hitting a zipper merge. Only difference is you have a 3k LB helmet on. Those same people could **** up a wet dream.

Oh and rubbernecking for an accident on the opposite side of an 8 lane highway for miles. I'm certain you have seen an accident scene from afar. What are you expecting to see? Blood and guts smeared all over the guardrail?

And another, the people who tap bumpers in the middle of traffic, and park their cars right in the lane, get out, thumb their assholes a while and wait for the police, as if a CSI crew is going to come and recreate the scene with a bunch of string and numbered cards for each piece of your blinker.

-J

For the record, I usually just sit in the right lane on my drive home between 70 and 75. I saw the thread and felt compelled to share some observations as well.

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
What drives me crazy is Georgia puts ****ing yield signs on right hand turns at green lights. So instead of keeping traffic flowing, now I have to stop and make sure no one is making a left hand turn before I make my right hand turn on green. It is confusing and dangerous because most of the time the person making the left turn doesn't know that I have a yield sign. So everyone just sits there like a dumb ass because of some dumb ****ing traffic engineer who hasn't thought shit through. Why can't it be like it used to and every other state where person making the right turn has right of way?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
What drives me crazy is Georgia puts ****ing yield signs on right hand turns at green lights. So instead of keeping traffic flowing, now I have to stop and make sure no one is making a left hand turn before I make my right hand turn on green. It is confusing and dangerous because most of the time the person making the left turn doesn't know that I have a yield sign. So everyone just sits there like a dumb ass because of some dumb ****ing traffic engineer who hasn't thought shit through. Why can't it be like it used to and every other state where person making the right turn has right of way?

I don't think I have ever heard of someone making a right hand turn having to yield to a left hand turn...

Zemedici

Established Member
As someone that is considered psychotic when I road rage because of people by my wife, I'm learning to let shit go.

Some people may not know where they're going, hence jumping into the lane last minute. If you say you've never done that, you're full of crap.

To this day, the one and only thing that really gets me going is; why when I come to a complete stop, the person behind me 9/10 times must absolutely get within inches of my car? I leave about a half of a car length at lights and such so as not to ride the persons ass in front of me. When I run into these people behind me, it pisses me off even more when I inch up and they do as well every single mother effing time.

I've been known to put the car into reverse or drive 20MPH under the limit. If any of you are this type of person, please give people some space.

Now, I hate the d-bags in the huge lifted trucks that tail gate or drive like they've got an F1 car. My durango is not a small car by any means (probably 5,500LBS with me in it) and I tend to get really defensive when that type of person tries to force me to move or go faster.

I hate just about everyone on the road:

People that won't use turn signals
People that drive below the limit
People that tail gate
People that don't stop at stop signs
People that are on their phones
Trucks in the wrong lanes on high ways
And much more...

I've never done that.

Know why?

Because I figure out where I'm going BEFORE I start driving, not as I'm passing my ****ing destination.

Its the same as those people that slow/stop for every road on the left. Clearly lost as shit. Those people need to pull over and get a grip, not my problem they're more lost than Helen Keller in Manhattan.

Zemedici

Established Member
I don't think I have ever heard of someone making a right hand turn having to yield to a left hand turn...

you have to do that each and every time, as the car turning left is passing lanes of active travel, and therefore has right of way.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
you have to do that each and every time, as the car turning left is passing lanes of active travel, and therefore has right of way.

Nope. Cars turning left never have the right of way, except for when they have a green turn arrow at a stop light. Otherwise they have to wait for all traffic traveling straight or turning right to clear the intersection.

Zemedici

Established Member
Nope. Cars turning left never have the right of way, except for when they have a green turn arrow at a stop light. Otherwise they have to wait for all traffic traveling straight or turning right to clear the intersection.

hmmm.....that's not how I learned it.

GOOGLE

Zemedici

Established Member
From the page

So if they have a green and you don't, you have to yield (you're the car making the right), correct? That article i posted is vague on who is who hahah

and car get t boned when making left hand turns all the time whatchumean?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
As someone (me) who has driven almost 2 million miles in a big truck, I get a kick out of this thread. I'm worse now than when I drove, but somehow find the reserve to try and be calm. My wife constantly tells me I'm worse now then I was when I did for a living. I can kinda see it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
So if they have a green and you don't, you have to yield (you're the car making the right), correct? That article i posted is vague on who is who hahah

and car get t boned when making left hand turns all the time whatchumean?

If you are making a left, you have the right of way ONLY if you have a green left arrow. Every other scenario you have to yield.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Left turn arrow making a u turn, yet the morons on the left side street are turning right on red without looking. Confused and crashing.

I knew you'd come around and join us bitching eventually. Keep it up, it helps to let it out instead of keeping it bottled up.

This is like our AA meeting

Users who are viewing this thread