Thrashing on the GT500 at the track - Video

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Buddy of mine threw the vid together while we went up to the track.. Decided to beat on the Shelby for a bit.. Only mods are JLT intake, Metco Pulley, MT Drag Radials 4.30 gears and a tune by EFI Logics... Car went 11.1@127mph.. Not a bad day considering the heat up there.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=zfBL3DZpmAk"]YouTube - Lebanon Valley - Friday June 13th Dragday[/ame]

Edit: Here is the 11.1 Video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=844SgMpT2-s"]YouTube - EFI Logics Shelby GT500 goes 11.1@127 with minimal mods[/ame]

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Wow, lets see if all the GT500 hater tools can give credit when due.

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
nice time for the mods. what kinda 60 foot times???

The best 60ft I got was a 1.65, but I went 11.2 that run, when I went 11.1 my 60ft was a 1.79.. The car has 10's in her for sure..

I still haven't even changed the oil yet from when we bought it new.. The car only has 700 miles on it.

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
I'll bet those 4.30's helped out a bit? Now strap on some D/R's and get to it! >: )

OH, she had DR's on her.. Mickey T's Street Radials, 305/45/18's. Honestly, it was more of a learning curve for me.. I need to learn how to launch her a little better. My previous car was a Turbo Mustang, so instant torque wasn't an issue.. This car just rapes out of the hole.

Couple pics too:

dragday08_096.jpg

dragday08_208.jpg

dragday08_203.jpg

dragday08_200.jpg

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
if i were a cop and saw that trailor i would pull you over and compliment you on your badass rides

The Red Fox is a good friend of mine, we figured with the cost of diesel, we needed to get smart.. Haha.. That rig is a bitch to tow, it's so long.

Here's a pic somebody took of it.

dragday08_001.jpg

dragday08_216.jpg

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Excellent times. Have you done anythign suspension wise on those runs? Just curious at the amount of back and forth on the shifts.

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Excellent times. Have you done anythign suspension wise on those runs? Just curious at the amount of back and forth on the shifts.

The only thing done to the suspension for the track was we took the sway bar out. I had ordered an adjustable third link, but it didn't come in before the track day.. So the suspension is 100% stock (Which sucks to say the least).

The only chassis stiffening I did was add the Steeda Torque box brace kit, which I didn't even weld in because of time constraints.

torquebrace3.jpg

torquebrace4.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice pics Chris, and a NICE run! I've got to get up to Lebanon, soon. Who owns the red GT? His first name isn't Tony, is it?

Users who are viewing this thread