Thoughts on this TV

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I picked up the 60 inch LG Plasma non smart TV for $750 last night.. I watched a movie and flipped to a lot of different channels and I thought it looked great. The only thing that is somewhat bad about it is the two HDMI ports but I only have to hook up my surround sound receiver to it really.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I would never recommend sacrificing quality over size but if it makes you happy that's all that matters.

That came out a little weird...

I personally think the TV is good enough quality to me.. At that price range around 1k what would be a better non smart TV then

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That came out a little weird...

I personally think the TV is good enough quality to me.. At that price range around 1k what would be a better non smart TV then

for around 1K, the Panasonic Viera TC-P60S60, great bargain and around 1150.... LG makes a great budget Plasma TV and if you are happy, that is all that matters. What model LG did you buy?

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Nice purchase!

Are the differences really that noticeable compared to say the $1150 Panasonic?

LUBaseball2

Established Member
Nice purchase!

Are the differences really that noticeable compared to say the $1150 Panasonic?

I couldn't tell looking at the display.. Some people may argue otherwise. I have found that FIOS looks way better than cable on the HD channels though.

Blown 89

Established Member
Panasonic's plasmas are the best out there in bright rooms. Mine is in direct sunlight and is sill viewable. After months of researching it's the reason why I went with Panasonic in the first place.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Panasonic Plasma all the way, I Love my 60". ( I have a Sony Bravia and Samsung 40" LCD in the bedrooms. Sony comes in distant 2nd, Samsung comes in 3rd)
It's in a very bright room and I have really no problems.
Burn in on newer plasma tv's is really a non issue nowadays they come with newer tech to refresh the pixels to prevent it.

l337

Established Member
TV's are all about the blacks man. While LED/LCD have gotten extremely good at doing blacks, Plasma is and has always been as good as the old CRT's.

Walk up to a TV with no TV signal and just turn it on. How much white light do you see shining in on the screen? Of course looking at demo tv's in a store can be a poor example because of how long they're usually left on. Hit up CNET and some of the other online review sites.

Users who are viewing this thread