Thoughts on the GT350

LS WUT

Established Member
What’s up gentleman, so I’ve been toying with the idea of what my next purchase will be car wise. I’ve been up and down on what I think it will be. I tend to get something and completely just mod it, change parts and such. However I feel there hasn’t been too many cars I’ve said. I like everything about it in its stock stage. One of the few that come to mind is the S550 GT350. I know certain years had the oil consumption, and a few other things. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on things to look for, and their experience driving one ? I’d be looking to get one that’s fully loaded. I’m not partial towards the recaro seats, however I think it would be a nice option. Any input would be awesome. Thanks I’m advance gents

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The GT350 has always intrigued me. But if I were to get one I would leave it stock. If I wanted to mod something I'd get a Mach 1 or a 11-14 S197. I think they're still the most bad ass looking modern Mustang.

LS WUT

Established Member
The GT350 has always intrigued me. But if I were to get one I would leave it stock. If I wanted to mod something I'd get a Mach 1 or a 11-14 S197. I think they're still the most bad ass looking modern Mustang.
I’d be leaving it bone stock. I enjoy the time, the exterior, and interior looks great to me. I’ve got the 03 cobras, the foxbody, my 13 GT500, and the hellcat for stuff to mess with.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Then buy it. It's a unique car on many levels. If not for nothing, the 8500 rpm flat plane V8. How many other cars have that?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
What’s up gentleman, so I’ve been toying with the idea of what my next purchase will be car wise. I’ve been up and down on what I think it will be. I tend to get something and completely just mod it, change parts and such. However I feel there hasn’t been too many cars I’ve said. I like everything about it in its stock stage. One of the few that come to mind is the S550 GT350. I know certain years had the oil consumption, and a few other things. Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on things to look for, and their experience driving one ? I’d be looking to get one that’s fully loaded. I’m not partial towards the recaro seats, however I think it would be a nice option. Any input would be awesome. Thanks I’m advance gents

A GT350 with an Odin would be the TITS.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Bdubbs on here got a 350 recently.

Can’t ping him on the app for some reason.

The numbers when people were putting blowers on them were pretty wild. Think they were in the 850wheel range or something.

I know you said stock but just throwing it out there as an option down the road in case you’re annoyed by the lack of low end power. I’d see people complain that they don’t do much below 4K rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

LS WUT

Established Member
Bdubbs on here got a 350 recently.

Can’t ping him on the app for some reason.

The numbers when people were putting blowers on them were pretty wild. Think they were in the 850wheel range or something.

I know you said stock but just throwing it out there as an option down the road in case you’re annoyed by the lack of low end power. I’d see people complain that they don’t do much below 4K rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Good call, I know he had purchased one recently. Completely slipped my mind. The reason I say stock is merely because I feel like they’re a great platform as is.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you have one? If so what are your thoughts on Driving it?

Yes.

I had a terminator for 12 years. Sold it and bought a '14 RS5. Sold that Audi after 3 years to buy the '16 GT350. I enjoyed all 3 cars. No regrets on any of them. The GT350 is the most fun.

Attachments

• PXL_20210906_231857208.jpg
    PXL_20210906_231857208.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20210326_141249571~2.jpg
    PXL_20210326_141249571~2.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
>20 has predator block, different wheels and gt500 spoiler. It is sort of between base and R of previous years.

I thought hard about getting one of these to build but passed. FPC is just too much of a weakness.

I would get a mach track pack if there is any chance you are thinking of mods.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you ever given thought to one at all?
I owned my GT350R for 2 years, and it is an awesome car. I kept mine stock because a buddy a mile away has one with a twin Hellion setup. It runs like a raped ape, but the clutch/transmis soon are weak points at the 1KHP power level.

I‘m moving on to a C8, which is a step down in track worthiness and exclusivity. I’m at 7500’ elevation, so any NA car is down on power.

Good luck with your decisin.

LS WUT

Established Member
Yes.

I had a terminator for 12 years. Sold it and bought a '14 RS5. Sold that Audi after 3 years to buy the '16 GT350. I enjoyed all 3 cars. No regrets on any of them. The GT350 is the most fun.
Which seats do you have, and do you prefer them over the others? As I said before I’m not opposed to either one. I would just like some feed back on someone who’s driven them more than just a test drive.

Users who are viewing this thread