Thoughts on possible Wrap/Paint job..

uhhhaaron

Established Member
05667442-A9BA-4E80-A41F-89A7C4E146A9.jpeg
I currently have a Black 03 10th Anniversary. The car has 60k miles on it and has been kept up pretty well. Other than common swirls and little imperfections on the front of the hood and rear bumper (from road travel), the paint is pretty great still. My only complaint is I live in Arizona and the dust factor is insane here. And yes I do have my car garages when not in use. I’m pretty much just tired of dealing with Black exterior and having to go the extra steps to make it look decent after a wash. So that’s why I’m on the fence about wrapping or painting the vehicle.

My first choice is Comp Orange, but I don’t know how it would look with the Red/Black interior. It’s always been my favorite Terminator color.

Second choice is a toss up between Torch Red & DSG.

Third would be Oxford White.

And yes I’m aware Oxford White, DSG, and Comp Orange weren’t 10th Anniversary colors. I’m leaning towards a wrap so I can preserve the original color.

Thoughts?

Pics for reference. And no I only use the car wash for the power washer. I bring my own buckets and cleaning equipment.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I hear ya man. I own a black Cobra as well and it's very frustrating spending hours upon hours detailing you car only to have a layer of dust on it within 20 minutes.

If It's not your daily, or even if it is, I recommend a good car cover for when it's home. That's what I did. I bought the Dustop car cover from covercraft I believe the company is.

This works for me but i rarely drive the car. It May not work for you and be just a hassle which I completely get.

What about just selling the car and buying the color you want?

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
Yessir keeping our black cars clean is ridiculously hard!! I work at my buddies wrap shop so I have experience dealing with wraps. Make sure your whole car has factory paint! If you ever decide to unwrap your car any aftermarket paint can come off with the wrap. Another thing to think about is rock chips. Once you get one you will have to re wrap that panel/bumper. Torch red would be my choice and would also compliment your interior. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
First off, Comp Orange with red leather seats would look horrid! Secondly, if you opt to paint, you will affect your car’s value. Would you do a full paint to include the engine bay, door jams and trunk? I’m guessing no. I would heed the above advice and sell yours to buy a color you prefer. Option 2 would be a wrap. I would not paint unless your paint was totally trashed.

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
First off, Comp Orange with red leather seats would look horrid! Secondly, if you opt to paint, you will affect your car’s value. Would you do a full paint to include the engine bay, door jams and trunk? I’m guessing no. I would heed the above advice and sell yours to buy a color you prefer. Option 2 would be a wrap. I would not paint unless your paint was totally trashed.

I went thru this a few years back and I was about to pull the trigger and have my silver cobra wrapped matte blue for $2500. The only problem like said above is when u open your trunk and doors and the longevity of a wrap is only 4-5 years. I put my car up on Craigslist and it sold in 2 weeks so I took my time and found the color I really wanted in sonic blue and kept money in my pocket and I couldn’t be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
View attachment 1520742
I currently have a Black 03 10th Anniversary. The car has 60k miles on it and has been kept up pretty well. Other than common swirls and little imperfections on the front of the hood and rear bumper (from road travel), the paint is pretty great still. My only complaint is I live in Arizona and the dust factor is insane here. And yes I do have my car garages when not in use. I’m pretty much just tired of dealing with Black exterior and having to go the extra steps to make it look decent after a wash. So that’s why I’m on the fence about wrapping or painting the vehicle.

My first choice is Comp Orange, but I don’t know how it would look with the Red/Black interior. It’s always been my favorite Terminator color.

Second choice is a toss up between Torch Red & DSG.

Third would be Oxford White.

And yes I’m aware Oxford White, DSG, and Comp Orange weren’t 10th Anniversary colors. I’m leaning towards a wrap so I can preserve the original color.

Thoughts?

Pics for reference. And no I only use the car wash for the power washer. I bring my own buckets and cleaning equipment.
If you want a stock color buy a different car and sell yours. If you want something else know one has paint it something cool... so many choices out there.

Buying a different car will take time but shouldn't cost you much more in the end. Unless of course you want the comp orange.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I also have a black car and drive 3500 4000 k miles a season on nice days. My car is always clean. I wash it may be everyother week.

My key to success have been learning to detail and apply the new cermic coats. Literally the dust flies off at 40 mph. No need to rewash.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I also have a black car and drive 3500 4000 k miles a season on nice days. My car is always clean. I wash it may be everyother week.

My key to success have been learning to detail and apply the new cermic coats. Literally the dust flies off at 40 mph. No need to rewash.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

I keep a cali duster with me too. Gets all the dust off nicely with 1min work

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
OP, if you like your anniversary model but want a different color, I have a buddy with a red anniversary vert that is looking to sell.

uhhhaaron

Established Member
OP, if you like your anniversary model but want a different color, I have a buddy with a red anniversary vert that is looking to sell.

Won’t do a vert sorry.

And I dislike the idea of selling and rebuying one. This car has sentimental value since the whole process of getting it was somewhat memorable to me.

And like I said, I am leaning towards a wrap so I can preserve the cars original color and hold as much of the cars value as I can.

And as far as colors, I like the Orginal Terminator colors, I’m not too big on custom colors and whatnot. I’ll probably end up opting for Torch Red.

I know this is a long shot and somebody already previously stated it would look horrible.. but are there any Comp Oranges with the 10th Anniversary interior? Lol just curious to see what it looks like. Hey it’s my money lol.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Won’t do a vert sorry.

And I dislike the idea of selling and rebuying one. This car has sentimental value since the whole process of getting it was somewhat memorable to me.

And like I said, I am leaning towards a wrap so I can preserve the cars original color and hold as much of the cars value as I can.

And as far as colors, I like the Orginal Terminator colors, I’m not too big on custom colors and whatnot. I’ll probably end up opting for Torch Red.

I know this is a long shot and somebody already previously stated it would look horrible.. but are there any Comp Oranges with the 10th Anniversary interior? Lol just curious to see what it looks like. Hey it’s my money lol.

You can always get some quality seat covers as well to cover the red.

Sounds like you're set on a CO wrap so post some pics when all is said and done.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
As soon you paint it different color. The value will go down down down down . All the way down

I have to edit this post to add more , down down down , you get what I mean now ?

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Wrap the color you want . Dont paint different color . Black is bad ass color . There is 3 color that make the terminator so aggressive is black . Torch red and dsg . Rest of other color look too girly for me ( here come the owner of sb , co , about to get on my .... )

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
What I’m try to say is . If you want your terminator look aggressive ,intimidate . Mean ,only 3 color choice is black , torch red and dsg .

Users who are viewing this thread