Thoughts on my Mustang project?

Sluggie24

Established Member
This fall I purchased an 04 Mustang GT auto with 88k mi. It came with a base Vortech V3 si, 3.55's and a full exhaust. To that I added a BAP, MAF, 3.33" pulley, CX racing intercooler, t-body, upper plenum and Anderson PP. Had it tuned (very safe street tune) on 93 octane and it put down 370 rwhp and 350 rwtq at 10-11 psi.

The tuner told me due to the losses through the auto it's probably close to 500hp at the crank. It's my understanding that level of power might be over what is considered safe for the stock bottom end.

My big question is will the engine last a while with that type of power or is it on borrowed time already?

I'm not worried about the trans because I'm building another 4R70W now as my winter project that should take whatever power I can possibly make with a 2V.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Your tuner tried to cup your balls. That would be a 26% driveline loss. Is your trans slipping or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sluggie24

Established Member
My converter lockup clutch was slipping a bit according to his computer, but he did say in his experience these cars had about a 25-26% loss through the stock auto driveline. Would only be about a 15% loss through a manual driveline according to him.

Users who are viewing this thread