thoughts on 18x11 f14s all around +nt01 for daily driving?

Darufe

Established Member
Seems vorshlag managed to fit this as a square setup on hoosier a6
im thinking nt01 305/35/18 (wish there was a 315 option with a closer to 27" overall diameter)

Trying to figure out a way to have monstrous traction for street/occasional track use.
dont think i can get away with much bigger/stickier and still be road legal or have 00 treadwear lol

any thoughts/suggestions?

Angry50

Established Member
I havent heard too many reviews on the nt01 most people go for the NT05R. you do more handling than straight line I suppose?

Darufe

Established Member
gonna use slicks for the strip :)
having a hard time getting mickey thompson 305/45/18 street radials to hook on the street atm and am far from done horsepowerwise
dont like the feel of drag radials on the road and want a set of wheels/tires for occasional track days. (saves me from having one set for track one set for strip one set for road)

SD_Stang

Established Member
I think Vorshlag managed 18x11 but they are not the same off set front to rear. You could still rotate the tires but you would have to peel them each time and remount/balance.

Darufe

Established Member
ya its a diff offset.
strano uses 18x10.5 enkeis with spacers in the front to have same offset front and back but they stick out past the fenders :\
its also a nice option but id rather not get pulled over and harassed....

CSG

Established Member
I have had great luck with the NT01 on my race car, but your going to replace them often if used on the street.

Darufe

Established Member
The nt01 and r888 are both listed as 10 to 12" rim 11" recommended.

I think ill just go with the vorshlag setup with nt01.
Every review ive seen puts the nt01 ahead of the r888.
Although im always open to opinions if you guys have tried both and have any insight?

Thalilbear02

Established Member
If this is for road racing, the NT01s are used very frequently for track days. Nothing wrong with the R888 either, both tires are absolutely fantastic to drive on.

CSG

Established Member
Should be able to get 8-10k from fhe nt01 from what I read.

Toyo r888 in that size requires 10.5 or 11 inch wheels as I recall.

8-10k... If by some chance you did get that they would be a full slick. The tread goes away quickly. It is just there to give the DOT rating & is the minimum needed.

Darufe

Established Member
Well itll surely last longer then threadwear 0 m/t drag radials..
Regardless I have no choice but to get the stickiest and widest I can with this power level (even kore so considering whats to come for power)

F.D.Sako

Established Member
You'll most likely heat cycle them out before threads become a problem. But you still have to be careful in the rain with both tires, specially for standing water.

Darufe

Established Member
Haha yeah I went for supper the other night in a huge downpour with the mickeys on....worse then driving on ice. That shit was scary at highway speeds.
Theres a reason it says dry pavement use only!

twistedneck

Established Member
I would love to try the NT01 but I was warned that they would break down and fail if I didn't properly heat cycle them before using. So make sure to get that done by discount tire or figure out a way to do it.

I was also worried about getting a flat tire with the super soft sidewall but I agree, its worth it. make the plunge and get em! I saw a very nice late 80's 911 pull into work a few weeks ago with a nice clean cage and some race stuff on it but the kicker for me was it rolled on NT01's and they looked cool.

You will wear out your wheel bearings more quickly if you corner like a maniac on them.

1slow95

Established Member
I love the NT01's on track but would not want them on a daily driver. I've been driving around town on my track tires for the last couple weeks and they're very annoying. These tires are very loud, and it seems like they get flat spots from sitting because I get a random vibration that comes and goes. The grip is awesome though. :)

SD_Stang

Established Member
Griggs has some 18x10.5's on their site I've seen them on a 2012 GT500 with a GRSS suspension and they are flush. With the 315 kit you should be able to run 315's np but it would also depend on what strut combo you have in the front. R888 run wider than most tires ceertianly run wider than a Nitto so a 305 R888 in some cases is as wide as other brands 315's.

R888 you will likely only get 10k out of but if you only drive about 7k a year like me that's not bad.

msrhake

The 18x11 F14's will NOT clear the 15" Brembo brakes, so that wheel is not an option.

I just received a set of 18x11 CF5's from Vorshlag. Hopefully getting the 305 NT01's mounted up later today.

Users who are viewing this thread