Thoughts of Mazda SPEED3

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
I'm going to get out of the cobra scene since its hard for me to get in and out of it because of my broken back.

I was looking for a Sedan type car that has an excellent interior/ exterior styling, decent on gas and somewhat quick.

Whats your views on the Mazda Speed3?

Im about to trade my 01 cobra in and buy a 08 MS3 Black/ Black with nav Grand touring.

I test drove one yesterday and loved it.... 6 Speed beautiful car!!

Don Juan

Established Member
frontangle.jpg

frontangle2.jpg

rearangle.jpg

inside.jpg

steering.jpg

With stock air box
enginebay1.jpg

Without stock air box
topofintake.jpg

Nice.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i have a mazdaspeed6 for a DD and i love it but they have their quirks (both with as they are the same engine and transmission) the MS6's have had a problem with 2nd gear stripping inside of the transmission even with those who rarely get on the car or race it (mine did) and also, if you plan on modding it they have problems with boost and/or fuel cut with some modifications done to them. my MS6 has an open downpipe and the fujita CAI and i've hit boost/fuel cut on really cold days whenever the car was under a heavy load close to or at full boost. there are a couple of mazda forums (mazdas247 is one for all mazda owners) where you can register and learn quite a bit about this things

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
thanks bro... intresting. Yeah im looking into this as a DD... something comfortable, enjoyable and yet classy.

I can always get a mustang some other time in my life.

-Bret

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i would get an audi s4 if i needed a nice, yet quick DD... you could pick up a nice used 04/05 s4 for as much as that mazda...

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
I own a 2008 MS3 and it is a nice car. It is a whole new level of refinement and style compared to my old 2007 Mustang GT. I dont think there will be a huge difference in the way your back would feel. It is pretty low too.
The seats are awsome, but im not sure if it would be good or bad for your back.

The main issue I have with this car is traction. I have the Cobb intake and the rest is stock. First and second spin at will and third will spin a bit depending on conditions. From third on it is a great car. It can pass most any stock car easily. ( not racing just passing). The turbo spools quickly and pulls hard in 3 - 6. You can cruise in 6 gear at 3000 rpm. Floor it and it will quickly gain speed. No need to really down shift. It handles very well and brakes very well as well.

People complain about the limited boost in first through third, but you will spin now, what will happen with full boost.
( Cobb tuning is releasing their Accessport very soon for the MS3 and you will
have full boost in all gears.)

Also it has very good gains with bolt ons. Once tuning is complete, a intake + turbo back exhaust will likely equate to 300+ whp.

SVTContique

Yea the motor is really stout in them. Fully forged, Direct injection.

Id get one as a daily driver. Some of the motors produce around 280 wheel torque stock.. They love to be driven on the highway and on road courses.

Users who are viewing this thread