Thought this was interesting that GM is doing with new customers.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I think one of the guys here took delivery of his car at the museum.

None of those things would personally interest me though.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
No shit.,., its another way to rape some poor rich guy.,., it should be cheaper to have the new owner build it the engine :shrug:lol

blownbra925

Established Member
Well if youre dropping over 100K on a ZR1, you have never touched a motor and want to claim you built it, you have something to tell your rich friends at the yacht club over caviar.

Raven519

Established Member
nice idea but they charge WAY to much for most to want to do that kinda thing

well, its all relative, if a person is spending 120k on a ZR1, then another 5800 to go and build the motor for their car, isnt much extra. Even a Z06, its not a ton of money since you are already around 80k for the car.

if i had the money, i'd do. its a cool experience.

oldmodman

Established Member
This is what gets me interested in a car.

I already have to be interested in it.

The dealer calls me up and says if I buy or order one today they will give me another $15,000 off the price I already negotiated.

I can take the girl at the reception desk home for the weekend.:banana:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

The dealer calls me up and says if I buy or order one today they will give me another $15,000 off the price I already negotiated.

thats actully a dude.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Hahahahahahahahaha that Suburu "badging" idea is awesome.

Dealer: so you want the "badging" option?
buyer: yeah that sounds pretty cool
Dealer: well here are your choices ...
buyer: don't like any of these ...
dealer: you can, of course, for a small additional fee make one of your own.
buyer: SWEET ...instead of the suburu logo I want a blue oval with the letters SVT in the middle .

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
I think its a pretty brilliant idea by the manufacturers as it helps to sort of solidify a "bond" (for lack of better word) between automobile owner and his/her new ride. It may not be for all of us. But, I'd be willing to bet that if there was some way that we would have all known the true capability of our Terminators when we bought them (as C6ZO6 and ZR1 owners already do), had the option to build our engines for an addt'l $3k (give or take) while still maintaining our warranties been offered, many of us would have opted for it....!

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member

The_Receptionist.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Saw this offer last month in another thread. I'd be more impressed with GM if they were doing something special for buyers of, say the new Camaro SS or upcoming Z28 where more people benefit. By the way, this offer isn't just for ZR1 buyers. It's for Z06 buyers as well. A lot of money for that privilege though. But to some it's probably pocket change. LOL!

Rochard

Established Member
I've owned a dozen Mustangs in the past fifteen years. Nothing but Ford that entire time, including a Tarus, Escape, Explorer, and now an Edge.

I still have no interest in paying to build an engine.

SpectorV

Established Member
they should have contests and get those that are most enthused about doing this a free pass to come and help when they buy their car (free of charge) that would be good publicity and the right thing to do.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Well if youre dropping over 100K on a ZR1, you have never touched a motor and want to claim you built it, you have something to tell your rich friends at the yacht club over caviar.

haha I was thinking the same thing ......

Tech: Alright take this impact gun and bolt here, here, here, and here. Okay then you just built your first motor yay!

blownbra925

Established Member
haha I was thinking the same thing ......

Tech: Alright take this impact gun and bolt here, here, here, and here. Okay then you just built your first motor yay!

Its all done but my 5K dollar Armani suit is ruined! Its ok, its ok! A good thing i saw those Jason Statham movies and i keep plenty of extras in the trunk of my audi along with more cell phones in the glove box! Whew!

Users who are viewing this thread